Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2007, 03:23 AM

3 posts, read 16,084 times

Advertisements

hi to everybody, I should to move a tucson, you know me to say that zone is the Southeast. Am there good schools and a calm zone, or do you dissuade it.? can you recommend me a good zone where we can buy house where the sole are good and that a calm zone? thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 04:33 PM

218 posts, read 1,486,739 times
Depends on if you want to commute to work or work close to home. Where is the job situated?

I am not clear on what you mean by "sole is good" and "calm zone". . .

You asked about Sahuarita in previous post. If you have kids, their schools are building a pretty good rep. That is the south of Tucson area of which you ask in this posting too?

Vail and Corona, also south of Tucson are good choices.

North suburbs also have similar good options for you in living and schools: Marana, Oro Valley, Tortolita, Catalina.

Welcome to southern Arizona. Good luck in making your choice.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:19 PM

161 posts, read 692,999 times
Vail is good. I live here right now, and it is growing nicely. I've heard from many that it is headed into becoming the next Foothills. The Vail School district is getting great marks too, a lot better than TUSD.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:39 AM

3 posts, read 16,084 times
my husband will go to work in the LBT and then to the university `. we Look for a calm zone to live, and that I/you/he/she have good schools.. For the time being we don't have children, but we try to establish again us in a place without move

excuse me of my English

Old 07-16-2007, 12:02 PM

3 posts, read 13,770 times
Our vail home went up in value over 20% in the last year. I love it here.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:52 PM

161 posts, read 692,999 times
^^^What is your problem? And how was that useful?

Old 07-19-2007, 09:08 PM

4 posts, read 13,320 times
Well there is rita ranch which is closer than vail. Then theres some new developments out by valencia and alvernon which is a quiet area still. Its just right outside of the city limits. You can get to the U of A from there in about 15 minutes.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:03 PM

218 posts, read 1,486,739 times
Dear Aurora75,

You are wise to consider your options. Moving is expensive and frustrating. The fewer times we must do it -near or far- the better.

I agree with all above, if you are looking ahead to a time when you may have children going to public schools here. . . It is best NOT to choose a home in TUSD school district area.

If you are staying south of the city, my vote is in this order/ranking:
#1 choice: Vail (& town of Corona send their children to Vail Schools)
#2 choice: Sahuarita

Welcome to southern Arizona. I hope you find just the right house. Take your time and look at many. Do not rush into choosing - Hopefully, you will get to live in it a very long (and very happy) time.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:13 PM

19 posts, read 53,646 times
GreatSchools.net

is a great resource for school info if you want it from parents... not just test scores and stats.
I hope it helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson