Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2010, 04:52 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,568,915 times

Advertisements

Money Magazine came out with their 25 Best Places to Retire series and Tucson ranked #10. Prescott was up there, too. Explains the snowbirds!

Best Places to Retire - WalletPop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 05:16 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,515,497 times
I'm a little surprised that Phoenix didn't make the list (you know, with all the retirement communities there), but glad to see two AZ towns in the top 25.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:23 AM

175 posts, read 606,976 times
I've said numerous times here on the forums that there's a LOT of reasons that people choose Tucson as a place to live. I love my 9 years I had there, and would move back in a heartbeat if circumstances allowed. I currently live in Southern NJ, and it's the WORST place I've ever lived. And I've lived in
St Louis, Mo -San Antonio, Tx- Newport News/Hampton, Va-Northern Arizona by Holbrook, Az-Tucson, Az-and now NJ. So to me (in my humble opinion) I'd STILL choose Tucson above all the others for many many reasons. I'm not a winter person, and you don't have to shovel sunshine in December in Tucson.

Is Tucson perfect-nope..but to me on a scale of 1 to 100- it's pretty close to a 90 or so. Phoenix is too crowded and too smoggy in the summer for me. Tucson's growth is very haphazard and still needs to be controlled and will probably never be 100% perfect. Traffic means that going from South Tucson to Marana could take 20 mins-could take 45 min. Going across town is an exercise in patience and fortitude, and many people aren't used to a city that's laid out like Tucson is. Yes, jobs are a concern, but are anywhere right now. The wages are lower than many places, but cost-of-living isn't out out sight like here in NJ. So trade offs exist everywhere-300 days+ of sunshine yearly-mountains surrounding the city-travel destinations within hours-the beauty of the desert always amazes me. So I'm not surprised that Tucson continues to be a highly rated retirement spot.

Last edited by ohnonothimagain; 09-14-2010 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: spelling (sic)

Old 11-05-2010, 10:51 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
There's a very nice story on Tucson's reputation as a nice place to retire in the newest issue of 'Where To Retire' Magazine', with tons of accolades galore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson