Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 09:47 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,547,485 times

Advertisements

I'm watching a press conference that they found some remains in Florida close to where the child lived. I hope this is the child to but closer for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 10:07 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,249,660 times
Remains Of Young Child Found Near Anthony Home
Thursday, December 11, 2008 – updated: 11:02 am EST December 11, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The remains of a young child have been located in east Orange County less than a half-mile from Casey Anthony's parents' home, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Eyewitness News has learned an Orange County water meter reader discovered a bag in the area of Chickasaw Trail and Suburban Drive (see map), around three-tenths of a mile from the Anthonys' home (map from location to Anthony's home).

Remains Of Young Child Found Near Anthony Home - News Story - WFTV Orlando

Old 12-11-2008, 10:14 AM

3,012 posts, read 8,944,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I'm watching a press conference that they found some remains in Florida close to where the child lived. I hope this is the child to but closer for everyone.
I hope they're not. That would mean she's dead. I would far rather the mother have sold her to someone who wanted a child (though not for nefarious purposes) than for her to be dead.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:16 AM

I really hope this is Caylee. I don't think anyone thinks this child is alive. I just hope that this child gets to rest in peace . I 'm sorry but I have trouble finding a lot of sympathy for the child's family. For sure not the Mom but the whole family just makes me scream. I guess the Grandparents are in the air right now as they just did an interview with Larry King and they are on their way home. How long does it take to see if this is really Caylee does anyone know?

Old 12-11-2008, 11:22 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,048,752 times
I highly doubt that that beautiful little girl is alive. I hope it is her bones so they can lay them to rest in a proper place. She deserves at least that. I'm not even going to start on what I hope happens to the mother.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:58 AM

414 posts, read 1,868,588 times
I would not be surprised if the remains were those of Caylee. That poor child; I can only imagine what happened to her before she was killed. It makes me so sad to think a mother would be possible of murdering her own child and then grandparents helping to cover it up. Sad sad.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:46 PM

I get the Grandparents wanting to believe their daughter, but at some point it just doesn't make sense. I think that this Mom was nuts and I think this family was also disfuctional. I have a feeling that this story isn't that complicated as it has looked. I have always thought that Kasie killed her child because she resented her parents and took from them the person they loved the grandchild. I have tried to not watch the coverage until today because I got to a point where the Grandparents made me mad and the stories were so silly. I'm sure Nancy Grace will be all over this tonight. I agree that this child needs to be at rest and not in a bag. If this is Calyee then I'm glad that she will have that. I'm sure it will also give closure to the many people in that area. I just hope it doesn't take forever to find out. I would like to be a fly on the wall when they tell Kasie

Old 12-11-2008, 12:48 PM

43,851 posts, read 51,458,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash330 View Post
I would not be surprised if the remains were those of Caylee. That poor child; I can only imagine what happened to her before she was killed. It makes me so sad to think a mother would be possible of murdering her own child and then grandparents helping to cover it up. Sad sad.
I guess only time will tell if the bones belong to Caylee. I work for a local news source here and I was under the impression that something else belonging to the child was also found, but this hasn't been released yet. Again, could be a rumor.

I'm not sure if I think the grandparents were involved, I think they were/are in a deep denial. This is kind of understandable because having to wrap your head around the possibility that your own young daughter killed your grandchild is almost an unbearable thought. These people didn't just lose a grandchild.....but also a daughter. I can't imagine that sort of pain.

I guess this could bring family and friends some closure.....but what a rotten time of the year to have to deal with a funeral.

I agree this whole story is just sad. Sad.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:21 PM

I'm sure there is many parts of this finding that they won't tell. I'm sure they might even go to the Mom to try and get her to admit to something. I know like many you see stories like this every year. Look at that girl Natalie Hollaway. At least if this is Caylee it has to be better than never knowing what happened or ever putting your loved one to rest and always thinking that your loved one is out there somewhere.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:48 PM

431 posts, read 1,645,227 times
I feel just terrible for the little girl that had to die because mom was nuts! I really do hope that it is caylee so she can be put to rest and so that nobody else has to worry if it happened to another child.

I couldn't even think of doing anything to harm my children and IF I did start thinking about it I would go get some help asap. I guess not everybody thinks this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime