Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 11:36 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,552,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I guess white people can feel safe again.
Not all white people. Parents of little white boys still have to worry. After all, Michael Jackson is still loose!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 11:40 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,331,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Not all white people. Parents of little white boys still have to worry. After all, Michael Jackson is still loose!
Oh no you don't. Michael is white. Didn't you know?

Old 12-05-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Oh no you don't. Michael is white. Didn't you know?
How ya doin girl????????????????

Old 12-05-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
How ya doin girl????????????????
I am soooooooo mad at OJ for being such a **** up then I'm mad at the courts. Why why why?

Old 12-05-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
I am soooooooo mad at OJ for being such a **** up then I'm mad at the courts. Why why why?
OJ was toast as soon as the secret tape recording had his voice saying " Dont let anyone leave this room." Damn dumb thing to say. Shows not only kidnapping but that he was in charge. He's just a dumb ass. And i dont believe his skin color has anything to do with it. And yes. I forgot that Michael Jackson is now a white woman.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:58 PM

631 posts, read 1,892,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
KARMA, BABY!!!!!!!!!!! He got slammed!!!!! 15 years

Amen, its about time!

Old 12-05-2008, 01:06 PM

1,936 posts, read 1,833,006 times
Quote:
And yes I see the f**cking vultures are circling and and licking their lips in glee. I hope the court is lenient with OJ and Stuart as the whole mess is a farce. OJ was just trying to reclaim HIS property.

I'm watching the Goldmans sitting in court awaiting the sentence, tell me his being found guilty had nothing to do with the murder of their son and Nicole.
I think judge jackie was licking her chops from the time she drew this case. The way she yelled and stopped the attorneys from doing their jobs was awful. The Goldman's are the reason for such a long sentence. Stewart was messed up BIG TIME. I loved the protestors yelling at kim and her dad. LOL Somewhere in time they just have to start living again. Their hatred of OJ is consuming them. OJ and Stewart deserved time but not this much.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:15 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,987,789 times
Another news source article:

ReviewJournal.com - News - O.J. Simpson sentencing in Las Vegas

Old 12-06-2008, 01:29 AM

824 posts, read 2,345,945 times
I am no OJ Simpson fan. But I think he was clearly overcharged by the elected District Attorney so that the DA could bathe in the spotlight. Did OJ mess up? Yep. Did he commit a serious felony? Yep. Should he go to prison for this felony? Probably. But the list of charges went overboard:

From Wikipedia:

Count 1: Conspiracy to Commit a Crime (1 year)
Count 2: Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping (12 months min- 60 months max, consecutive)
Count 3: Conspiracy to Commit Robbery (12-48, concurrent)
Count 4: Burglary while in Possession of a Deadly Weapon (26-120, concurrent)
Count 5: 1st Degree Kidnapping with Use of a Deadly Weapon (Bruce Fromong) (15 years, possibility of parole in 5,concurrent, with 12-72 consecutively)
Count 6: 1st Degree Kidnapping with Use of a Deadly Weapon (Alfred Beardsley) (15 years, possibility of parole in 5, concurrent, with 12-72 consecutively)
Count 7: Robbery with Use of a Deadly Weapon (Bruce Fromong) (60-80, consecutive)
Count 8: Robbery with Use of a Deadly Weapon (Alfred Beardsley)(60- 180, consecutive, with 12-72, concurrent)
Count 9: Assault with a Deadly Weapon (Bruce Fromong)(18-72, concurrent)
Count 10: Assault with a Deadly Weapon (Alfred Beardsley)(18-72, consecutive)
Count 11: Coercion with Use of a Deadly Weapon (Bruce Fromong)
Count 12: Coercion with Use of a Deadly Weapon (Alfred Beardsley)

I mean, what would most 60 year-olds with no prior convictions be charged with under similar circumstances (no physical harm)? The coercion charge, and maybe an additional weapons charge, yielding a 2-3 year sentence. 9 to 33 years in prison for what went down in that hotel room? I hope that I never become a public disgrace, and then face a trial, because apparently reputation affects the process.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
I am no OJ Simpson fan. But I think he was clearly overcharged by the elected District Attorney so that the DA could bathe in the spotlight. Did OJ mess up? Yep. Did he commit a serious felony? Yep. Should he go to prison for this felony? Probably. But the list of charges went overboard:

From Wikipedia:

Count 1: Conspiracy to Commit a Crime (1 year)
Count 2: Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping (12 months min- 60 months max, consecutive)
Count 3: Conspiracy to Commit Robbery (12-48, concurrent)
Count 4: Burglary while in Possession of a Deadly Weapon (26-120, concurrent)
Count 5: 1st Degree Kidnapping with Use of a Deadly Weapon (Bruce Fromong) (15 years, possibility of parole in 5,concurrent, with 12-72 consecutively)
Count 6: 1st Degree Kidnapping with Use of a Deadly Weapon (Alfred Beardsley) (15 years, possibility of parole in 5, concurrent, with 12-72 consecutively)
Count 7: Robbery with Use of a Deadly Weapon (Bruce Fromong) (60-80, consecutive)
Count 8: Robbery with Use of a Deadly Weapon (Alfred Beardsley)(60- 180, consecutive, with 12-72, concurrent)
Count 9: Assault with a Deadly Weapon (Bruce Fromong)(18-72, concurrent)
Count 10: Assault with a Deadly Weapon (Alfred Beardsley)(18-72, consecutive)
Count 11: Coercion with Use of a Deadly Weapon (Bruce Fromong)
Count 12: Coercion with Use of a Deadly Weapon (Alfred Beardsley)

I mean, what would most 60 year-olds with no prior convictions be charged with under similar circumstances (no physical harm)? The coercion charge, and maybe an additional weapons charge, yielding a 2-3 year sentence. 9 to 33 years in prison for what went down in that hotel room? I hope that I never become a public disgrace, and then face a trial, because apparently reputation affects the process.
You have to admit it's way excessive sentencing and the man won't even have the slightly more pleasant surroundings of a Federal Pen. I just hope they are both successful on their appeals...I'm sure it will be reduced greatly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime