Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 09:56 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,586,408 times

Advertisements

Just when you think you have heard it all - yet another shocking and sickening story is in the news. Two 17 year old teen aged girls were shopping in a Victoria's Secret store in NYC. A security guard notices a foul odor emanating from a bag one of the girls was carrying. Inside he found a dead fetus - the teen said she had delivered it the day before and didn't know what to do with it. Both girls are also charged with petty theft and possession of stolen property. I guess retail therapy is good medicine for what ails you after all. OK folks, she knows HOW to get pregnant, and is out stealing...er, shopping for more lingerie the day after she gives birth. I guess you have to look your best when you get ready to have more unprotected sex and possibly have yet another baby that you have no idea what to do with and will not be able to care for. Where are her parents? Nobody notices pregnant kids in their midst? Has she been invisible and living in a vacuum - and never heard of agencies who can help her with her baby, adoption options, surrendering a baby to a police/fire/hospital agency - no questions asked? Wondering if she is just scared, or really stupid. Surely there was SOMEONE she could have gone to for help? This was in midtown Manhattan - so she was certainly in an area where there are lots of options to get help. Had the guard not caught her - wonder how long she would have walked around with that poor dead baby in her bag? I am just aghast right now - there is no end in sight to just plain blind stupidity and lack of good judgement in SOME young people today. I am so disappointed - and I absolutely know not ALL young people are this way - it just seems to me that there are more than a fair amount of really ignorant young people out there. Not looking for answers - just wanting to vent a bit and cluck my tongue in disgust.....:sm ack:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 07:06 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,449,824 times
Ugh, Im speechless too (and I agree w/ your comments), you'd think between the 2 girls, 1 of them w/h had some common sense, could have gone to someone for help etc, sheesh...

Old 10-19-2013, 10:10 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,907,621 times
There are some people on this planet that just defy every rule of logic. Not much surprises me any more.

Don

Old 10-19-2013, 11:55 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,165,660 times
Not as bizarre as a senator and future presidential candidate bringing home a dead fetus to introduce to the rest of the family.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:00 PM

2,019 posts, read 1,657,925 times
Default too far

"also charged with petty theft and possession of stolen property", well now they've just gone too far.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:41 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,795,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Not as bizarre as a senator and future presidential candidate bringing home a dead fetus to introduce to the rest of the family.
Wait, what!?

Old 10-21-2013, 09:53 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,165,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Wait, what!?
Uh, yeah, the candidate who finished runner-up to the Mittster for the GOP nomination did just that. And you know what? That freak is almost certain to be running again 2016. See how many times the media asks him about that episode.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:15 AM

26,829 posts, read 26,991,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
I am just aghast right now - there is no end in sight to just plain blind stupidity and lack of good judgement in SOME young people today.
In so many of these cases, with a teenager who chooses such a tragic end for her baby, you have to wonder how it is that not ONE family member noticed that she was pregnant or could help her.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:48 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,994,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
In so many of these cases, with a teenager who chooses such a tragic end for her baby, you have to wonder how it is that not ONE family member noticed that she was pregnant or could help her.
Unreliable internet sources say she already had a 2 year old and lives with her mother. They also say she claims she had a miscarriage and the fetus was 8 months old.

I wonder what her plans were, bury him in Central Park?

Old 10-23-2013, 01:42 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,852,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Unreliable internet sources say she already had a 2 year old and lives with her mother. They also say she claims she had a miscarriage and the fetus was 8 months old.

I wonder what her plans were, bury him in Central Park?
She DOES have a 2 year old according to all the NYC news channels. She also lives in the projects.

The thing I don't get it, when you misscarry at 8 months the baby doesn't "come out" you usually have to be induced and deliver it or go in for a D&E. Lots of things don't add up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime