Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 11:03 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,599,810 times

Advertisements

Man pocket-dials 9-1-1 on his handset, talks drugs and is busted

Quote:
Some days it doesn't even pay to get out of bed. Tuesday was such a day for 19 year old Matthew Dollarhide of Orange City, Florida. A tow truck driver, Dollarhide was surprised when he was pulled over in his tow truck by a Volusia County Sheriff's deputy. He was stunned when the officer asked Dollarhide why he was talking about selling drugs. After all, Dollarhide had what he thought was a private conversation with a passenger in his truck.

As it turns out, Young Mr. Dollarhide had stuffed his cellphone in his pocket and pocket-dialed 9-1-1 before discussing a drug transaction with this passenger. Besides hearing the conversation about selling drugs, the dispatcher heard that the call was coming from a tow truck and heard the name Harry. Dispatch put out a call at 9:42am with the location that the call originated from, and a truck with the name "Harry's Towing" was quickly pulled over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 11:12 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,283,900 times
Dispatcher "tattles?" What? Are you another drug dealing criminal?

The person arrested here is an irresponsible idiot and, moreover, a drug dealer. HIS stupidity caused the problems he is in and no one else's. How you can blame the dispatcher is beyond me.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:03 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,832,932 times
I think this call/case might be worth submission for a Darwin Award. Oh brother!

Old 03-08-2013, 10:41 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,788,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post

The person arrested here is an irresponsible idiot and, moreover, a drug dealer. HIS stupidity caused the problems he is in and no one else's. How you can blame the dispatcher is beyond me.
What Phil said! I for one am happy that another lawless dinkweed was brought low by his own stupid butt!

Old 03-16-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:

uh, no. i dont deal drugs. where do u make that wild leap? i use the word 'tattles' because city-data has a character limit when typing a headline

Old 03-16-2013, 05:53 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,283,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
uh, no. i dont deal drugs. where do u make that wild leap? i use the word 'tattles' because city-data has a character limit when typing a headline
Save it. Your title gives ANYONE the impression the dispatcher shouldn't have done their job (they are law enforcement) and that the dispatcher is a "snitch." If you don't like it, you should have found a different "title."

Old 03-30-2013, 03:55 AM

GFY Phil. when you assume, take the 1st three letters of that word and that's what you come across as. by the way i detest drugs and people get on my case for regarding marijuana as a drug. i ask them: how is it not? (anything that alters the mind is a drug as far as i'm concerned) i lump drunk driving and stoned driving in the same highly dangerous category and i toss texting while driving into that category as well..... people think it's fine to be stoned behind the wheel. i call them mega fools. btw my mom is very Nancy Reagan and we never clashed on the drug issue growing up. in fact, we were 2 peas in a pod. so YOU save it. when you assume.............

Old 03-30-2013, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Save it. Your title gives ANYONE the impression the dispatcher shouldn't have done their job
yes, 'anyone' who assumes So GFY and to all the CD members who assume as some sort of hobby (there are tons of them. they shall remain nameless because i pity them that much): GFY. Just GFY. I hope next time some idiot incorrectly 'reads YOUR mind', you'll think back on your foul treatment of me and look up the word karma in the dictionary

Last edited by grimace8; 03-30-2013 at 04:12 AM..

Old 03-30-2013, 03:24 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,984,916 times
We had an article in our local newspaper a few weeks ago ... a guy called the police he was robbed ... he met two men to buy drugs and they robbed him. ROFL

He didn't know their names, no details ... he just wanted his money back or his drugs.

Of course the newspaper didn't print the idiot's name.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:54 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,897,561 times
Im sorry but I laughed when i read this thread title...

What a blithering idiot!!!!! -- The phone didnt like being stuffed in his pocket so it got revenge (Either that OR he really didnt dial 911 and they were spying on him (Which can be done easily))

http://www.techdirt.com/blog/wireles...17/21485513927

Last edited by Dude111; 04-02-2013 at 01:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime