Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Hi , i was wondering if anyone is going to watch that lifetime movie "Prosecuting Casey Anthony "? I know that Im not going to watch it . Nope I will not read any books about that case either . what say the rest of you ?
Me either, won't do anything for her to make money, even though rob Lowe is staring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 08:48 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times
No.. its too soon. Besides, i dont like watching movies where children are hurt

Old 01-07-2013, 08:53 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,871 times
I can't pass up Lifetime's "true crime" dramas. That Craigslist killer one was a classic, as was the Drew Petersen one (which also starred Rob Lowe - he seems to be a magnet). I'll more than likely be watching this one, too.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:21 AM

Rob Lowe is a life time actor. I have seen so many lifetime movies with him..lol

Old 01-08-2013, 07:50 AM

221 posts, read 335,747 times
So does this mean that the production value will be as good as the Drew Peterson film? Oh boy, lol.

As far as the prosecution, I know it is tough to present a complete picture as one would get by reading/listening all the depositions and interviews...but I think they missed a bunch of stuff in the courtroom presentation of the case. How they could have done that better...tough call. That was a real knife to the chest seeing the jury not convict, but how do you feed the jury months worth of inside information that we were able to digest for an overall picture?

Old 01-08-2013, 01:08 PM

Rob Lowe made Drew Peterson look attractive. That's a scary thought.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:38 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4 View Post
So does this mean that the production value will be as good as the Drew Peterson film? Oh boy, lol.

As far as the prosecution, I know it is tough to present a complete picture as one would get by reading/listening all the depositions and interviews...but I think they missed a bunch of stuff in the courtroom presentation of the case. How they could have done that better...tough call. That was a real knife to the chest seeing the jury not convict, but how do you feed the jury months worth of inside information that we were able to digest for an overall picture?
Thats the whole point, the less they know the better the chances an attorney can spin whatever version the defendant fed him and better serve their community with fair trials.

In all seriousness though....I'd imagine its difficult to convict someone to death row on circumstantial evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Rob Lowe made Drew Peterson look attractive. That's a scary thought.
Whats scarier his fans writing jail mail who think Drew Peterson is attractive.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:09 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,088,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Fair enough, however, you have a "clear picture of what took place." What is that? She killed her child? WHAT do you base that on? What FACTS? Not your personal opinion and/or how you "feel." However, FACTS. What medical doctor walked into the court room and said her daughter died because of, "X, Y, and Z." NO ONE did and COULD NOT.

That is my point. Like it or not, YOU and people like you, have perverted our criminal justice system into something it is not. Our criminal justice system was made to stop such things. To COMBAT YOU and your feelings, thoughts. Hundreds of years ago, men and women were thrown into jail, because someone felt they were a "witch." Based upon faulty evidence, thoughts, innuendo, et al.

Our constitution, our entire way of life was changed. Now, you have to have PROOF of how someone was killed. Not your thoughts, not anyone thoughts. BUT PROOF. Like it or not, in this case, there is NO PROOF, how her child died. NONE. ZERO. ZIP. ZILCH. Therefore, you CANNOT prove murder.

Going on emotions and how one "feels" about a crime, is the reason, today, people are being released by the dozens and getting large multi-million dollar settlements. Remember, all these men being set free for murder, rapes, etc. The jury KNEW they were guilty too. You and everyone else who know Casey Anthony are guilty, are no better then the juries who put innocent people on death row, etc. You are REFUSING to accept the facts and the evidence and using your own personal thoughts/opinions to convict her.

And, by the way, this is coming from a man who is pro death penalty and, morever, has put TWO persons on death row in California. You have no clue the amount of soul searching, time, effort, etc I have invested into the death penalty cases I've been a part of. I'm the man who says certain people shouldn't be breathing oxygen, yet in this case, the evidence and facts are just not there; only emotions. Which does NOTHING but cause problems.
imo she is a guilty sociopath who got away with murder cause the case was poorly presented and i would bet my favorite dentures that there was jury tampering-----just curious--are u an anthony family member to get so hyper over someone's opinion---making money on tv is so wrong in so many ways---who is getting the cash--her and her sleazy lawyer???

Old 01-08-2013, 06:22 PM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Hi , i was wondering if anyone is going to watch that lifetime movie "Prosecuting Casey Anthony "? I know that Im not going to watch it . Nope I will not read any books about that case either . what say the rest of you ?
No. I'm sick of hearing about Casey Anthony.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:28 PM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Fair enough, however, you have a "clear picture of what took place." What is that? She killed her child? WHAT do you base that on? What FACTS? Not your personal opinion and/or how you "feel." However, FACTS. What medical doctor walked into the court room and said her daughter died because of, "X, Y, and Z." NO ONE did and COULD NOT.

That is my point. Like it or not, YOU and people like you, have perverted our criminal justice system into something it is not. Our criminal justice system was made to stop such things. To COMBAT YOU and your feelings, thoughts. Hundreds of years ago, men and women were thrown into jail, because someone felt they were a "witch." Based upon faulty evidence, thoughts, innuendo, et al.

Our constitution, our entire way of life was changed. Now, you have to have PROOF of how someone was killed. Not your thoughts, not anyone thoughts. BUT PROOF. Like it or not, in this case, there is NO PROOF, how her child died. NONE. ZERO. ZIP. ZILCH. Therefore, you CANNOT prove murder.

Going on emotions and how one "feels" about a crime, is the reason, today, people are being released by the dozens and getting large multi-million dollar settlements. Remember, all these men being set free for murder, rapes, etc. The jury KNEW they were guilty too. You and everyone else who know Casey Anthony are guilty, are no better then the juries who put innocent people on death row, etc. You are REFUSING to accept the facts and the evidence and using your own personal thoughts/opinions to convict her.

And, by the way, this is coming from a man who is pro death penalty and, morever, has put TWO persons on death row in California. You have no clue the amount of soul searching, time, effort, etc I have invested into the death penalty cases I've been a part of. I'm the man who says certain people shouldn't be breathing oxygen, yet in this case, the evidence and facts are just not there; only emotions. Which does NOTHING but cause problems.
And this is what I meant when I said I was sick of hearing about Casey Anthony. With exception to the last part, (I've never made the decision to put someone on death row), this is EXACTLY how I feel about the whole thing. Precisely.

What we feel and how our justice system works are two different things. The media hype and the multitude of people speculating and bringing out the pitchforks reminded me of just what you said: When people in the past were said to be witches, based on feelings, (or in some cases just made up), alone.

And to ward off reading comprehension issues, this doesn't say I think she was not guilty of this crime. Again, it was NOT proven that she did it and there isn't a thing we can do about it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime