Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 08:44 AM

402 posts, read 590,402 times

Advertisements

Voir dire doesn't even do the trick these days unless the lawyers are extemely skilled. And voir dire in federal court is so restrictive.
Potential jurors these days know what to say so that they won't get removed from the jury pool. If someone wants to convict him, they will lie and say they can be fair. After all, the judge isn't going to pry much into that.

Comments in this thread are scary. Looks like some of you need to watch "Hot Coffee."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 11:51 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,986,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post

Between his $200 haircuts and impeccable dress, surely there were a few leftover bimbos in the jury dreaming of a date with John, post trial and perhaps they could swipe the few baubles he will have left.....

My local NC news station following the case said he gave up those expensive haircuts and goes to Great Clips now. LOL

And yes his career started and was based on ambulance chasing that is exactly how he was able to build a 28,000 square ft home. My knowledge of him goes a long way back before his days of politics and nothing I read. He was the 'go to' man for personal injury claims.

But none of this has anything to do with the case, it just seems the jury is having a difficult time. In addition yesterday the judge had to empty the courtroom for private meetings with attorneys three times. Plus the alternates were dismissed ... the judge told them to go home.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
My local NC news station following the case said he gave up those expensive haircuts and goes to Great Clips now. LOL

And yes his career started and was based on ambulance chasing that is exactly how he was able to build a 28,000 square ft home. My knowledge of him goes a long way back before his days of politics and nothing I read. He was the 'go to' man for personal injury claims.

Your knowledge of him is incredibly wrong.

And he built that home long after he left his law practice. He built it for Elizabeth because it was supposed to be her dream home. They previously lived in a nice home over in Raleigh that wasn't quite as large. He worked hard for his money. Who are you or anyone else to criticize him for it?

By the way, this jury is a joke. Country, unsophisticated people trying to get their fifteen minutes of fame. The judge needs to declare a mistrial. The jury is playing around, and it is becoming more and more obvious as the days go by.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:32 PM

78,694 posts, read 60,892,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
Your knowledge of him is incredibly wrong.

And he built that home long after he left his law practice. He built it for Elizabeth because it was supposed to be her dream home. They previously lived in a nice home over in Raleigh that wasn't quite as large. He worked hard for his money. Who are you or anyone else to criticize him for it?

By the way, this jury is a joke. Country, unsophisticated people trying to get their fifteen minutes of fame. The judge needs to declare a mistrial. The jury is playing around, and it is becoming more and more obvious as the days go by.
You seem to know quite A LOT about Mr. Edwards personally.

So tell me this, why did he have his daughter out there with him. My bet was for jury sympathy which is a smart tactical move on his part, which I would suspect given his trial acuumen.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You seem to know quite A LOT about Mr. Edwards personally.

So tell me this, why did he have his daughter out there with him. My bet was for jury sympathy which is a smart tactical move on his part, which I would suspect given his trial acuumen.

She chose to be there. That IS still her dad.

at the outcome. Now maybe they will FINALLY leave him alone.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:06 PM

11,413 posts, read 7,839,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact2 View Post
She chose to be there. That IS still her dad.

at the outcome. Now maybe they will FINALLY leave him alone.
I hope they do leave him alone. I hope we never have to hear about him again.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:51 PM

14,439 posts, read 14,386,958 times
Its in. Edwards not guilty on one count. The jury couldn't reach a verdict on the other five counts. So, a mistrial has been declared on those.

Its probably too much to hope that the prosecutor will simply stop wasting our tax dollars and let this case go. No, I predict the taxpayers will pay for another expensive retrial that will either end with an acquittal or another hung jury.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:18 PM

They are even bigger idiots than I thought if they try him again.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:39 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,584,163 times
I was hoping he would have been found guilty of at least one of the counts. I don't have any question in my mind that he knew about the money and was involved in covering it up.

I AM pleased that today he admitted what a dirtbag he is. I feel awful for his kids and his parents - they didn't deserve him. I hope this is the last we see or hear of him.

Last edited by Charlotteborn; 05-31-2012 at 06:48 PM..

Old 05-31-2012, 11:17 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,427,703 times
Mistrial. Interesting. What was with the matching clothes of the alternates? Bizarro....

Cheated on a wife with cancer. Denied the baby was his...for months...I have no doubt he is a major liar. Scumbag is a complement for this guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime