Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 02:39 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Edit: I just read a description of the jurors, and they were mixed ages and races.
HAHAHA...it read like the cast to The Golden Girls. A selection of predominantly elderly, female, mostly unemployed, with a few government employees. Not one person under 30.

The fact that they came up with a verdict so quickly, without any re-examination of evidence, is disturbing. As one person said after the conclusion of the OJ trial - "I have to respect the jurys decision, but I don't have to respect the jurors themselves".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 02:58 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,850,891 times
well, if true, thankfully she won't be putting her mother and father through the pain of having to live with her again. Maybe she'll go live with Lee...he's a big protector of her...him and his "amazing" fiancee.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:10 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
HAHAHA...it read like the cast to The Golden Girls. A selection of predominantly elderly, female, mostly unemployed, with a few government employees. Not one person under 30.

The fact that they came up with a verdict so quickly, without any re-examination of evidence, is disturbing. As one person said after the conclusion of the OJ trial - "I have to respect the jurys decision, but I don't have to respect the jurors themselves".
I agree that they returned too quickly with the verdict, but please don't quote only part of my post since I was correcting my assumption that the jurors were mostly old, white people. Here's the list of jurors:

[URL="http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2011/05/casey-anthony-trial-juror-profiles.html"]Casey Anthony Trial, Juror Profiles: What Do We Know About the Casey Anthony Jury?: The Criminal Report Daily : Investigation Discovery[/URL]

"Black Male, mid 30s, IT worker" - He was in the cast of the Golden Girls?

"Chef, White Male 33" - He's an elderly, unemployed woman?

"Teacher, White Male 30s" - Unemployed? Elderly? Government employee?

Old 07-05-2011, 03:23 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Morgan, what secret good things were hidden by the press? Apparently twelve jurors were not intimidated by the media, public opinion or common sense.

She did not even report her daughter missing and somehow was not convicted for child abuse!

So what are Casey's good points as a human being? Did she win the Hot Body Contest???
Puleeeze!!!!

Old 07-05-2011, 03:25 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
I'm still in shock but after rethinking it a little bit, I came to the conclusion that the jurors had to eliminate all of Cindy's testimony...even the 911 call due to her perjury...

Lying is awarded in the end! Hopefully only for a short period.

Maybe mean to say, but their life's will never be the same and maybe they deserve what they get in the future.

Caylee didn't get the justice she deserved.

Baez is celebrating with champagne over the dead childs body! Caylee is forgotten by the defense!

Old 07-05-2011, 04:04 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
The jurors don't sound like a bright group. At least two of them are going to talk to the media.

I would keep a low profile if I was them. There are a lot of people who are angry over this.

FL is loaded to the gills with people carrying guns under their shirts.

In fact Casey Anthony should fear for her safety.

I wouldn't put my name out there and the fact that people know what county in FL they live in is common knowledge.

They came back way too quickly and asked no questions.

Worst jury since OJ, and in that case we know why it came back not guilty.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:42 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree that they returned too quickly with the verdict, but please don't quote only part of my post since I was correcting my assumption that the jurors were mostly old, white people.
Now I am confused. They ARE (were) mostly old people. That's why I was laughing. Half were over 50, none were under 30. White I don't know, and it isn't relevant. Half did not have a job (retired, unemployed, or unemployable).

Sure there were a few exceptions. A teacher by the way is a county (i.e. "government") employee. There was another government employee on there as well.

Yeah we all read the jury description in a previous post (you are late to the party) and got a kick out of the press trying to clasify each into a steriotypical category, like a sitcom cast. Got a laugh out of describing a mid40's woman as "Lawyers daughter"...really? Would anyone classify a middle aged woman as "xxx daughter"? Lame attempt by the press to differentiate what is essentially the same jury pool characterstics.

Last edited by Dd714; 07-05-2011 at 04:51 PM..

Old 07-05-2011, 06:42 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
What I see coming is more people who do not believe in out justice system really.Today I heard basicaqlly the same thig that jusires are more and more to stupid to serve on anythingthat requires forming a opinion based on the facts presented. I otherwise heard they did not absolutely prove the case;not the beyond a reasonable doubt standard. One said she thought the father did it.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:23 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
I haven't abandoned this thread...I'm still just too shocked to say anymore at this time. WOW

Old 07-06-2011, 03:31 AM

288 posts, read 168,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Morgan, what secret good things were hidden by the press? Apparently twelve jurors were not intimidated by the media, public opinion or common sense.

She did not even report her daughter missing and somehow was not convicted for child abuse!

So what are Casey's good points as a human being? Did she win the Hot Body Contest???
Puleeeze!!!!
Your post perfectly proves my point.

We don't know anything positive about her because the media has CHOSEN not to report anything good. How would we know otherwise?

I assume that you are not a close personal friend of Casey Anthony and therefore do know have personal knowledge about her entire life and how she has behaved her entire life. You may *think* you know all there is to know about that woman, but that just proves you are not a very good critical thinker.

Fortunately the jury, because it was sequestered, did not have to be exposed to all the crap the media has been putting out there so they can financially profit from sensationalizing the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime