Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 11:11 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,418,645 times

Advertisements

Here is one question i have always had for years about someone being murdered. maybe some of you can help??

lets say that a female sets up another male or female to become a victim without killing them themselves(basically making someone do it or helping a suspect commit his murder more easier). Will the person who set the person up be charged just as much as the killer??

another scenario lets say a girl has some type of beef with a dude and calls someone to handle the situation but then the situation gets so out of hand the person who was called to the disagreement ends up killing the person. Can the female who brought the suspect into the situation be charged for murder or receive similar penalties as the person who committed the crime?

Hope you guys can help or show some real life scenarios. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 11:17 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,727,212 times
How funny. I guess your BF didn't get you the diamonds you wanted from Zales? LMAO

I'm glad I'm not your significant other.

This could really turn out bad if you really follow through because you caught your stud stuffing your best friend.

News Alert
CNN - suspected murderer gets no sympathy when posting future crime on city data.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
How funny. I guess your BF didn't get you the diamonds you wanted from Zales? LMAO

I'm glad I'm not your significant other.

This could really turn out bad if you really follow through because you caught your stud stuffing your best friend.

News Alert
CNN - suspected murderer gets no sympathy when posting future crime on city data.
very funny. But im not no criminal. im a criminology major, and these 2 questions have always seem to always be in my head especially after the fact that someone i knew was killed this way.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:36 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,727,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
very funny. But im not no criminal. im a criminology major, and these 2 questions have always seem to always be in my head especially after the fact that someone i knew was killed this way.
Glad to amuse you. Murder is never fun. Try the true crime forum where this thread will probably get moved.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Glad to amuse you. Murder is never fun. Try the true crime forum where this thread will probably get moved.
o wow i was thinking about that but didnt think city-data would have one. Thanks.

Old 12-26-2010, 03:22 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,541,611 times
Quote:

You're a criminology major and don't know this?

The laws relating to murder vary from state to state.

Old 12-26-2010, 03:57 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,278,619 times
Simple fact, at least in California and I'd expect most states: You are just as guilty as the person who pulled the trigger.

Grow up, get a life, and move on...

Old 12-26-2010, 06:27 AM

88,625 posts, read 84,895,898 times
Quote:
Here is one question i have always had for years about someone being murdered. maybe some of you can help??

lets say that a female sets up another male or female to become a victim without killing them themselves(basically making someone do it or helping a suspect commit his murder more easier). Will the person who set the person up be charged just as much as the killer??

another scenario lets say a girl has some type of beef with a dude and calls someone to handle the situation but then the situation gets so out of hand the person who was called to the disagreement ends up killing the person. Can the female who brought the suspect into the situation be charged for murder or receive similar penalties as the person who committed the crime?

I know of a similar real-life case. I was an alternate juror on the trial.

A group of teenage boys hung out together and sort of considered themselves a mafia-type group. Another boy, whom they considered a pest, became their target when he stopped drinking and not only preached abstinence from alcohol to the kids but ratted them out to somebody for underage drinking at one point. The self-appointed "leader" of the "mafia" group, and the only one who was 18 and therefore an adult, decided this kid had to die. The group would sit around planning ways to kill him, some of them completely ridiculous. But one of the boys, aged 17, was a loose cannon, and the older boy sort of pushed him along, promising that if he killed the other boy, he would speak to his supposed-mafioso uncle about getting him into the real mafia, basically to see if he would really do it.

And he did. The whacko kid took an outdoor electrical cord, doubled it over a few times, and then when they were in the victim's car with the victim and one of the other boys, told them they all had to say the Hail Mary and while they were praying, threw the electrical cord around his neck and strangled him to death. Two of the other boys were parked in a car nearby when it happened.

The 18-year-old was not present when the murder occurred, but he was charged with murder and convicted under NJ law, which provides for murder charges if someone kills someone else as agent.

The 17-year-old murderer was charged as an adult and is in prison with no possibility of parole for 40 years. The 18-year-old who told him to do it is in prison with no possibility of parole for 30 years. The other three kids, two aged 14 and one aged 17, were not tried as adults in exchange for pleading guilty and testifying against the other two, and they each were sentenced to 20 years, no parole until after 15 years. The kicker is that the prosecutors promised the kids they would recommend that their sentences be reduced so that they could get out after 7 years in exchange for their testimony. After all the trials, they went to court with that recommendation and the judge said no. They had to do their 20, minimum of 15. They could have stopped the murder, and they did nothing.

One of the reporters wrote a book about the murder.

Amazon.com: Pray for Us Sinners: The Hail Mary Murder (9780446602891): Fredrick Kunkle: Books

Old 12-26-2010, 07:32 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,438,965 times
Laws vary from state to state, but generally, yes.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:00 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,052,999 times
Quote:

Ever heard of 'conspiracy to commit murder'? How about 'accomplice liability'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime