Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 06:13 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,736,811 times

Advertisements

family??? I'm still on the fence with this one but have to say Elizabeth Vargas who covered the trial in Italy for ABC said she feels Amanda was tried in the media, the jury was not sequestered and more than likely had some influence on the jury's verdict
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 10:29 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,185,083 times
I didn't watch Oprah but have followed the story and believe that Amanda Knox and her boyfriend are innocent. I just read an article that an Italian Mobster claims that he has proof that his brother committed the murder.
Jailed mobster claims he can prove Amanda Knox is innocent - CNN.com
It will be interesting to see what, if anything comes of his claim.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:38 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,736,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
I didn't watch Oprah but have followed the story and believe that Amanda Knox and her boyfriend are innocent. I just read an article that an Italian Mobster claims that he has proof that his brother committed the murder.
I just read that!! Very interesting

Old 06-11-2010, 07:41 PM
emh

298 posts, read 852,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Love the last paragraph:

"There's no motivation I would guess for the police to actually pursue it," he said, when asked if the keys, clothing or knife Aviello claims were buried were ever dug up. "In their minds not only is it over, but why would they investigate something that might show their initial investigation was faulty."

Exactly. Why bother actually doing your job!!!

Old 06-11-2010, 10:16 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
family??? I'm still on the fence with this one but have to say Elizabeth Vargas who covered the trial in Italy for ABC said she feels Amanda was tried in the media, the jury was not sequestered and more than likely had some influence on the jury's verdict
Knox shouldn't get greater consideration by the media here just because of how she looks. That woman killed another and her verdict was just. I applaud the verdict and hope she stays in jail the rest of her life.

I feel for the victim's family. Knox lucky not to be executed for that sick murder.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:16 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
I saw the program and going into it I thought she was guilty. But after watching the program I thought it was obscene that she isn't given another trial. Way too many things don't add up.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:25 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Knox shouldn't get greater consideration by the media here just because of how she looks. That woman killed another and her verdict was just. I applaud the verdict and hope she stays in jail the rest of her life.

I feel for the victim's family. Knox lucky not to be executed for that sick murder.
I more feel this way about it. From the things I watched, I felt she was guilty. Just too much damning evidence. The way she stood around kissing and playing footsie with her newly acquired co-murderer the very next morning at the crime scene as the police were doing their thing was one thing that struck me as incriminating.

Would make me as a young person want to stay in my own country. If you're going to do the crime you have to be willing to do the time.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:55 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,831,521 times
Amanda Knox indicted on slander charges - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101108/ap_on_re_eu/eu_italy_knox#mwpphu-container - broken link)

In an effort to fairly judge how fairly she's been treated by those overseas I pose a question:

How does:
1) making out with your boyfriend in public and passionate fervor upon hearing the news of your roommates murder after claiming not to remember the evening in question
2) then proceeding to go shopping for lingerie??? and being overheard telling your boyfriend that you are going to "F@#$k him wild"
3) cartwheeling in the police station after being brought in for interrogation
4) and being proved to have falsely incriminated an innocent man (her own boss) and knowingly lied to investigators several other times

---how does that and more maker her look?

Kind of like she's a psychotic murderer with absolutely no remorse for her actions if you ask me.

Add to that her propensity of partying too much, need for attention, her choice in extremist friends as well as her very violent and self professed beliefs in Nazi ideologies, and her propensity for LULZ (getting a laugh at the expense of others) and what have you got?

You have a well coiffed sociopath who thinks that she's smarter than everyone else and can get away with anything. Of course she's guilty. And no, there is absolutely no anti-american sentiment in that statement. She is guilty because she did it. She is evil dressed up as a princess. end of story.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:12 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,646,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
Amanda Knox indicted on slander charges - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101108/ap_on_re_eu/eu_italy_knox#mwpphu-container - broken link)

In an effort to fairly judge how fairly she's been treated by those overseas I pose a question:

How does:
1) making out with your boyfriend in public and passionate fervor upon hearing the news of your roommates murder after claiming not to remember the evening in question
2) then proceeding to go shopping for lingerie??? and being overheard telling your boyfriend that you are going to "F@#$k him wild"
4) and being proved to have falsely incriminated an innocent man (her own boss) and knowingly lied to investigators several other times

Kind of like she's a psychotic murderer with absolutely no remorse for her actions if you ask me.

Add to that her propensity of partying too much, need for attention, her choice in extremist friends as well as her very violent and self professed beliefs in Nazi ideologies, and her propensity for LULZ (getting a laugh at the expense of others) and what have you got?

You have a well coiffed sociopath who thinks that she's smarter than everyone else and can get away with anything. Of course she's guilty. And no, there is absolutely no anti-american sentiment in that statement. She is guilty because she did it. She is evil dressed up as a princess. end of story.
To add, as I recall there was quite a bit of evidence directly putting her at the scene, DNA, etc directly relating to her being there. I never did believe that she was innocent. From the very beginning I have believed she was either there and witnessed it happening, helped in the murder or just did it herself. I think it's getting as much play as it has because she's an American in Italy. If she were Italian we would have not even heard about this case.

She's another Vandersloot if you ask me.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:28 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post

How does:

Couldn't have said it better myself. All these people want to discount what REALLY happened; not the spin story of the family and few whacko's and yes, they are whacko's. Someone gets it in their heads, she is innocent, and all of a sudden, all sorts of things "don't add up." They added up enough to land her butt in jail, at a jury trial, and was convicted of the crime.

People keep forgetting in this case, there was another person involved, who was also convicted; he directly implicated HER.

And when the great Clinton gets her out of prison, and she will, and this murderess comes back to the US and does it again, what will her supporters say then? I'll tell you: NOTHING. They'll all lie and say: Oh, well, I thought she was guilty all along, but you know, justice had to be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime