Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 04:35 PM

4 posts, read 16,722 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are relocating to the Tri-Cities from California. The move is a result of purchasing a business and need help finding my wife a job as well as a house.

My wife is a controller of an ag company here and she is looking for the same type of job or to work for a CPA who has ag clients. We have searched the job boards but find them very limited with what they have to offer. Any ideas?

We will also be needing a rental house until our house in CA sells who allows pets. I have two dogs (bird dogs).

We are looking forward to the move and can not wait to get up there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 10:49 PM

615 posts, read 1,172,807 times
Why Tri-Cities Californian? What type of business?
Have you been there before. There are 5 towns
in the Tri-Cities. Where in Cali are you that you can't
wait to get to the cold snow? Any local realtor can
assist you in home rentals. Do you need a one?
If let me know...

Old 02-01-2008, 11:36 AM

I have been there and it may be a huge shock with the weather but I am an avid hunter (waterfowl) so it wont be so bad. I live in the central part of Ca on the coast (San Luis Obispo County) almost paradise but opportunity is why I am willing to leave.

Any other ideas about where to find accounting jobs for the wife or rentals?

Old 02-04-2008, 05:25 PM

10 posts, read 35,527 times
The Tri-Cities is the best kept secret. The housing market here is AWESOME! I've lived here for over 35 years and love raising my four boys here!!

mod cut: soliciting language removed

Last edited by scirocco22; 02-04-2008 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: please read T.O.S. pertaining to agent restrictions and perks. thanks

Old 02-08-2008, 01:18 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,099,641 times
Offhand I would suggest trying to find a house in the same city your business is in. The major traffic pattern is from Kennewick and Pasco up through or around Richland into Hanford in the morning, reverse in the evening, although, if you are from CA you will probably consider the traffic light 24-7. But owning a business will mean enough long hours and hassle without adding commute time to it. One exception would be to live in Benton City and commute into any of the 3 "citylets" - you won't see much traffic on that route.
Most people are not too eager to rent to anyone who will have dogs in the house. There are boarding kennels around, that might be a short-term option.
There are ag-related accounting firms here. There is a farm co-op that I'm a member of, Bleyhl, that's well run, they have a store in Pasco, although the main office is in Grandview, this is where their accounting dept. is IIRC.

Good luck. There is decent bird hunting out between Mabton and Prosser, there is a public hunting area right across the highway from our place.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:26 PM

22 posts, read 90,300 times
Try looking at the Tri-City Herald (it's available online) for job postings. Also Yakima Valley Jobs - YakimaValleyJobs.com: Jobs in Yakima Valley and Careers in Yakima Valley - may help. Tri-Cities is nice, but you could also commute from Prosser... it's a smaller town, may be better for your kids (if you have them). They have a good rep and are very community oriented. They are huge on sports and the community is very supportive of the schools and the kids. I grew up there and I loved it. Housing is cheaper there too!

Old 02-19-2008, 05:18 PM

154 posts, read 926,326 times
Hello, I am a California transplant as well. You said your wife is the controller of an ag company. I recently worked for a very large agriculture company up here and while working there I was told that they do not put ads out to hire directly from the public. They use a company here in the Tri-Cities called Work Source located in Kennewick,WA. I also heard of one other agriculture company that is supposed to be opening a new plant in Richland and will be hiring 200-300 employees. Send me a direct message if you want any names or other info.

My husband and I had a really hard time finding a rental. We only wanted to rent for about 6 months. You might want to contact a Real Estate company in the area, they often have rentals they know of. Otherwise Craigslist might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudd McClory View Post
My wife and I are relocating to the Tri-Cities from California. The move is a result of purchasing a business and need help finding my wife a job as well as a house.

My wife is a controller of an ag company here and she is looking for the same type of job or to work for a CPA who has ag clients. We have searched the job boards but find them very limited with what they have to offer. Any ideas?

We will also be needing a rental house until our house in CA sells who allows pets. I have two dogs (bird dogs).

We are looking forward to the move and can not wait to get up there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:03 PM

Thanks. I have sent you a PM with my email addy. Look forward to hearing from you.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 5,021 times
My husband and I are moving to Richland area since my mother lives there. My uncle also lives there. My husband is trying to start up a sandwich catering gig to get us on our way of having an income and then I would move up soon after he is stable. I have been speaking to my mom on the phone and she had mentioned that the area could use a good sandwich maker, especially for the large corporations in the area. I am an accountant specializing in the payable area. I have searched all the job sites, and there aren't any positions posted for my speciality, hmm makes for worry? How do I find a job?

Old 04-02-2008, 11:21 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,425,235 times
Recommend you contact one of the many realtors in the Tricities area....I utilized Windermere.com for home purchase, but they also assist with rentals..and the chamber of commerce will assist you with a "welcome packet" and will send it to you present home in California....We moved here a few years ago from Western side of the state...very HOT summers, and cold winters....area is nice and has a pretty good size mall, and about everything you would need is here, this area is "growing"...

Good luck and if I can help send me a pm...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities