Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2009, 08:23 PM

946 posts, read 2,920,649 times

Advertisements

Hello. I'd like some advice. Next year, I'm going to study abroad for a semester in Spain. During the vacation periods I want to travel to some countries in Europe and a couple in the Middle East. Of course there are so many countries I'd like to visit, but being that I'm only a student and on a budget, I have to limit myself and I've chosen only 4 or 5 countries I MUST go to. I want to spend at least 5 days in each, which I think is sufficient time to get to know the place. So I'm wondering, are there any type of travel packages where I can travel to all these places for a discounted price as opposed to paying for each trip individually (which would cost me a fortune)? How do people do this? I'm sure travelling all over Europe and other countries is expensive yet you hear of students doing it all the time- and not backpacking. I want to travel comfortably, without depriving myself of any comfort, yet, I don't have to live luxuriously. So...any advice? I want to go to 4 countries, 2 in Europe and 2 in the Middle East, and spend 5 days in each. How do I do this without spending a fortune in airline tickets? What's a good estimate of how much money I'll need?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 07:25 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,062,952 times
Once you're over there, airfare is not necessarily super-expensive.
And sometimes, depending on where you are, the train is just fine, too.
But only you yourself can figure out an estimate.
Look at an atlas and/or guidebook, and decide which place interests you most.
Then do some more research.
US Dept of State, Travel Section
Eurotrip
The sites below could be very helpful in terms of cheap transport.
In 2006, we traveled to Germany, France and Croatia in a little less than 3 weeks, by train and air, and the airfare was not that bad.
Which Budget Airline
EuropeByAir
For lodging, you can use either TripAdvisor or Eurocheapo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel