Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 07:40 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,918,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotLib View Post
* I like to make a copy of my passport and leave it home with a relative or some you can get in touch with easily. You can never be too careful. *

I put a copy of my passport in my hotmail file...if I need it, I can go to my account and print it...
I have a copy on us somewhere. Not the same place as the passports themselves though. A copy at home. A copy at the office. A copy on my computer. I also email myself and close relative (mom & dad usually) our airline reservations just in case.

Listen to what allforcats says about being Safe AND Secure not only with yourself but your possessions and this goes especially true for important documents.

While the fanny pack isn't attractive it can be a godsend in some circumstances. Keep it in the front of you and under clothes if possible.

Be VERY CAREFUL of ANYONE that bumps into you even if it seems "accidental".

Be VERY CAREFUL of anyone that seems to "need" your assistance.

Be VERY CAREFUL of anyone that stands a little too close. If they get that close take some steps away from them.

If anyone seems suspicious don't be afraid to alert airport security.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 11:38 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,360,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidt486 View Post
Allow me to lay out my situation..

I am going to Dublin this June. I live in Columbus, OH. I'm flying American from CMH/ I have a layover at O'Hare, then nonstop to Dublin from there. I have never flown at all, let alone International. SO i have a few questions...first, i only have from 6:25 pm to 7:15 pm local time to get off my plane in Chicago onto another plane for Dublin. I booked the whole package together so it seems like the airline would allow enough time for the connection but it doesnt seem like very long. DO i have to go through customs and check baggage and all that in Chi?

Basically, can someone explain to me the process please?!

I believe I'll be entering and leaving from the same terminal in Ohare, too.

THANKS!!!
do you know the exact gates or, more likely, concourses you'll be using for your arrival and departure at O'hare? I would double check just to be sure. T3 is huge and god forbid you're at the end of the G concourse and need to get to the end of the L Concourse!

AA does have carts that take passengers to different gates. I think you can just flag down one passing by or get someone to call one for you, I'm not 100% sure.

pity you won't have time to go shop at a Duty Free store before you head out. you're not even leaving yourself much time to use a real bathroom or buy a drink and a snack before your Dublin flight.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:50 PM

33 posts, read 79,017 times
I highly recommend using the services of a professional travel agent! Your trip is important to you and you don't want anything to go wrong! Use a professional that knows what they are doing, an expert in the field and then you will have the BEST, trouble free trip of your life!

Old 06-03-2009, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,023 times
I am in a similar situation and would like some advice! I have the exact amount of layover (40 minutes in Chicago from Denver, then overseas) - same destination (dublin), but I'm not flying directly. I have a layover in London as well. I am planning to fly "carryon only" and was curious if booking a different itinerary would still be necessary. I could fly out earlier, have a layover in Belgium instead. I can't decide if the amount of fees is really worth it though with only a carryon. Also - there isn't any reason to go through customs in London if I don't leave the secured terminal, correct? I wanted to double-check that as this is my first international flight with a layover in another country.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,253 times
Default very nice

very nice and helpful advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel