Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 10:34 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,438,952 times

Advertisements

And as I said, I have had a few break off from their school tours and stay with me while living overseas, not just from America either. They just hated being shuffled around like cows all day.

17 is not a kid considering I have served along with 17 year olds in the military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 01:47 AM

2 posts, read 4,957 times
Should you go in Spain, France Greece and Italy because are the most amazing places in Europe (by my thought, of course!)
I've been in Italy and Spain:
Spain is very funny andthe people are friendly;
Italy depend in what place you must stay because in city like Rome, Milan and Florence it's all chaotic but there are many monuments to see,
in Venice or in other cities immersed in the green the people are very funny and polite.
Many friends tells me that france is very romantic and Greece offer many beautiful overview.
for the flight try to bring a tabloid or some books.
In italy should you go on a farmholiday because it's cheapper than hotel and it's more funny and interesting.
if you want more, ask me and i'm going to answer you .

Old 06-16-2008, 02:35 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,233,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
My rules are drink when you can, smoke them if you got them!

I ran into so many from these school groups/tours, I have had a few even break off from their groups and stay with me. It is something about the whole shuffling around like a bunch of cows that they didn't like.

Spain has a great night life, enjoy the freedom!
Note that in Spain and Greece. The party starts around 11PM and goes on to 5 or 6.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:15 AM

Heck yea!

I use to live in Greece, would love to live there again. The party starts up at 11PM and goes on into the morning. More than a few places never even close.

Sober up, eat breakfast then go home, crash and start agin the next night, same routine day after day...loved it.

Of course winter was bland, but Athens had some nice big clubs that were happening so had to take a ferry every weekend to get off the island.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:11 AM

650 posts, read 1,207,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
17 is not a kid considering I have served along with 17 year olds in the military.
True--it depends on the kid, doesn't it? All four of my sisters were married by 17 and had kids by 18, and did fine. I started much later and still wasn't ready!

Old 06-16-2008, 08:44 PM

It depends on the person as I also served with 20 and 30 somethings that i would never consider giving them any kind of responsibility other than cleaning a toilet, and even then I would have to double check it was done right.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:44 AM

666 posts, read 2,542,831 times
thank you all for the great information, yeah im not looking forward to being in a big group all day, (i think theres 75 of us going) but im pretty sure we have a few hours to go do whatever we want and i really want to hang out in some local places so i will have to remember all the places you all have mentioned. About the drinking, no were not SUPOSSED to drink, but what the chapperones dont know wont hurt them, i dont plan on getting hammered. lol. But thank you all again for telling me about europe and what ill expect when i get there. Im kind of mad though because our curfew is like 11 or 12 so its not like ill get to enjoy the nightlife a whole lot, but oh well. Thanks again.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:02 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,444,463 times
Quote:
A beer?? Did you notice mdawg said he/she was only 17?
I would never (personally) encourage drinking either.
But, keeping in mind, that the drinking age in most European countries is at 16 (for right now).
It use to be 14, when I was growing up....
But, anyway.....it's his/ her personal choice I guess, and of course we don't encourage something like this in any shape of form, period.
However, we simply phrase the customs and laws "over there."
What he/ she does with this valuable info, is entirely up to the OP.
Nonetheless...have a blast, and have a good time !

Old 06-17-2008, 06:52 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,272,763 times
Take your Ipod the flight will be long. You might want to load it with some podcasts describing the placees you will visit.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:40 AM

666 posts, read 2,542,831 times
yeah i was going to do that, do you know if there anyway to charge it on the plane though? were flying delta and im almost positive the battery with be dead 1/2 through the flight without charging it and ill be SOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel