Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2022, 11:30 AM

585 posts, read 495,481 times

Advertisements

I was within 24 hours.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2022, 02:51 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I was within 24 hours.

Irrelevant. If you used the Priceline name your price or one of their deals that only reveals the flight after you purchase.. Those are non-refundable and non-changable

Quote:
Express Deals-Priceline deals, in which the full itinerary is revealed only after you book, are nonchangeable and non-refundable.
https://www.priceline.com/help-page/...01acb2dd99a06a

Now, it it was a 'normal' booking.. Then it shoudln't be a problem and the 24 hour 'cool off' period still applies.

Old 03-08-2022, 03:02 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I was within 24 hours.
If they advised that you'll get a full refund and you booked via refundable manner, I wouldn't sweat it. I've canceled bookings with third party agents within 24 hours and had no issue with receiving my refund.

Old 03-08-2022, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
If they advised that you'll get a full refund and you booked via refundable manner, I wouldn't sweat it. I've canceled bookings with third party agents within 24 hours and had no issue with receiving my refund.

Not entirely sure I trust what a chat/phone agent might say. I think, at times, they'll say whatever they need to in order to get you off the phone.

But.. yes, so long as it wasn't an opaque booking... AND.. Pending on the airline.. I don't think any do this any longer, but for a time, United (I think) would not give a refund within 24 hours, what they did was offer to 'hold' your price and tickets for 24 hours. But, if you paid.. Done.

Again, pretty sure noone is doing that anymore, but, we don't quite know who the airline in question is.. So, have to keep that in mind as a possibility.

Old 03-15-2022, 03:48 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times
I had to fight Priceline for several months to get my promised refund----guaranteed when the airline cancels. Waiting on hold forever, foreign call centers, snail mail letters.

It was the first time I used them and never again.

Old 03-16-2022, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I had to fight Priceline for several months to get my promised refund----guaranteed when the airline cancels. Waiting on hold forever, foreign call centers, snail mail letters.

It was the first time I used them and never again.

Absolutely.. Or.. Mostly. During the pandemic, the airlines tried to play games with that.. DoT eventually shut them up and down.

If the airline cancels your flight, or 'significantly' changes it. They owe you a full, CASH refund. Well, refund to your original payment method, let's say.. Because, if you paid with vouchers, they're not giving you cash back.

That 'significant' part can cause problems. Because it's not overly defined. Is adding a layover 'significant'? Seems to be all around. How much time difference does there need to be? If they delay your flight an hour, is that 'significant'? Seems 3 hours is the magic number that everyone agrees on. Some seem to say 2 hours.

Be careful with any of the smaller places. Not talking about Priceline or Expedia or anything though.. I always recommend booking direct with the airline, if possible. Expedia/Priceline/etc aren't going to save you any money over the airline direct. And some of the smaller sites, they have policies that trips are non-refundable, and if the airline issues a refund, they try to pocket it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel