Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 02:28 PM

27,633 posts, read 28,738,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
World's most powerful passports for 2019 named

It's on the internet so who knows its validity (b/c I'm a French model sooo…) but Japan is supposedly the most powerful.

Japan 190 countries visa-free
Singapore, South Korea 189
France, Germany 188
Denmark, Finland, Italy, Sweden 187
Luxembourg, Spain 186
Austria, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States 185
Belgium, Canada, Greece, Ireland 184
Czech Republic 183
Malta 182
Australia, Iceland, New Zealand 181
Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Slovenia 180
Estonia, Malaysia 179
Liechtenstein 178
Chile 175
Monaco, Poland 174
Cyprus 173
Brazil 171
Argentina 170
Bulgaria, Hong Kong (SAR China), Romania 169
Andorra, Croatia, San Marino 168
So, Japan has access to a mere 5 more countries than the United States. Probably countries that almost nobody cares to go to anyway.
I will still sleep soundly tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 02:34 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,399,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, Japan has access to a mere 5 more countries than the United States. Probably countries that almost nobody cares to go to anyway.
It has nothing to do with people wanting to go there. The thread is about restrictions. Just by nationality alone, Americans have restrictions on them.

Doesn't matter if people want to go those places or not.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:37 PM

27,633 posts, read 28,738,299 times
Quote:
It has nothing to do with people wanting to go there. The thread is about restrictions. Just by nationality alone, Americans have restrictions on them.

Doesn't matter if people want to go those places or not.
Yes, every country has restrictions on travel and migration to and from foreign countries. That is the way the world works. No country wants their citizens traveling to an enemy country or territory.

Nobody has unlimited rights to travel wherever they want. It is nothing new.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:47 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,012,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
I'd tend to disagree with you. I fully intend on visiting when Orange Face is forced to depart.

I just returned from Cuba and it was a wonderful place to visit.

Don't let your leaders play benevolent father with your citizens. If we're truly free, we wouldn't have ignorant travel bans for our own citizens.
It’s not smart to visit North Korea no matter who’s president. Americans do it but it’s not advised, you travel there at your own risk.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:49 PM

10,368 posts, read 8,008,675 times
Quote:
More to the point, having to apply for a tourist visa isn't the same as having no access to a country. You can almost certainly still go there, it's just more of a hassle to arrange. North Korea and (to a lesser extent) Cuba are the only countries I know of that are currently closed to people traveling on a US passport.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:53 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,399,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
More to the point, having to apply for a tourist visa isn't the same as having no access to a country. You can almost certainly still go there, it's just more of a hassle to arrange. North Korea and (to a lesser extent) Cuba are the only countries I know of that are currently closed to people traveling on a US passport.
People can go to NK & Cuba. You just have to go through another country. For example, NK, you go through China.

But there are no embassies that can help you if you are in trouble. It's risky but not impossible.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:54 PM

2,230 posts, read 1,720,753 times
Quote:
China is one of the five countries.

Plenty of people care to visit the most populous country in the world.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:56 PM

7,460 posts, read 4,707,225 times
Quote:
I doubt anybody in America is in much of a hurry to visit North Korea anytime soon.

Leave it to weirdos like Dennis Rodman.
Oh no don't call him that. He's gonna cry.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
I would like to go to NK as well. I find it so intriguing, the fact that it is so mysterious to me makes me want to go.

I have read about people who have gone. There are organized tours from Beijing. I am sure they only show you a small part of the country though.

Still, wildly fascinating. I'd like to go to Cuba too.
Cuba is probably better.

North Korea only allows you to see a very limited part of the country. The worst part is you can't really talk to local people. The upside is a trip to NK won't cost a lot of money.

Old 05-07-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
How would anybody know your sexual orientation unless you specifically told them?
If he travels with his boyfriend/husband, people can figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel