Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 09:26 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,322,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
A few seconds with Google will find people whose computers were damaged by rude recliners. Like this guy:

www.MichaelWalsh.org | I can’t stand people who recline their seats on airplanes

There are millions more people who have never had issues with their laptops on planes and a reclining seat. And, your article states that the airline paid him damages for his computer, even though he admits it was more of a freak accident that it happened to catch the laptop just right.

Did you just gloss over that part?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2019, 09:37 PM

37,312 posts, read 41,896,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
There are millions more people who have never had issues with their laptops on planes and a reclining seat. And, your article states that the airline paid him damages for his computer, even though he admits it was more of a freak accident that it happened to catch the laptop just right.

Did you just gloss over that part?
You said, "I can't even see how it would be possible."

It happened.

Old 11-09-2019, 03:42 AM

1,584 posts, read 998,061 times
I normally don’t recline unless the person in front of me does, and not always even then, depending.

Old 11-09-2019, 04:17 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,975,454 times
This is why I don't fly regularly. Not into Sadomasochism.

If I have to fly domestically it's First class. Not that this alleviates all of the potential drama and problems...

Americans need to realize complaining won't work. STOP FLYING unless absolutely necessary...Let these low quality business go bankrupt along with their entire sardine business model.

Old 11-09-2019, 04:26 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,975,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Maybe don't drink beer and tea on flights if you know it's going to cause you to get up an excessive amount of times.
This is silly. What you mean to say is the Airline should not serve beer or tea.

Old 11-09-2019, 08:05 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,178,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
This is silly. What you mean to say is the Airline should not serve beer or tea.
Why is it on the airline to not serve drinks that causes the poster to have to use the bathroom an excessive amount of times? Is there no such thing as personal responsibility anymore?

Old 11-09-2019, 08:54 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,322,245 times
Quote:
Is there no such thing as personal responsibility anymore?

As evidenced by some of the posters in this thread, apparently not.

Old 11-09-2019, 09:18 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,240,032 times
Quote:
Why is it on the airline to not serve drinks that causes the poster to have to use the bathroom an excessive amount of times? Is there no such thing as personal responsibility anymore?
I use the restroom before I board, I think most people do. I also have no problem using the restroom in the air if need be. What I have a problem with is passengers who act like Billy Goat Gruff guarding the bridge. I also have no issue waking someone up so I can get up.

I always book an aisle seat just for this purpose. I hate being stuck between two people or between the window and a person. I also make a point to tell my aisle mates that I will gladly move if they need to get up.

And I recline my seat every time I fly.

Old 11-09-2019, 09:28 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,104,037 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qFJoCMVepM

Old 11-10-2019, 09:21 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,104,037 times
If you remove the personalities of the passengers then the whole problem of reclining seats is the airline’s fault and their profit of reducing space to add more seats on the aircraft. They made this an issue for passengers and expect passengers to be tolerant of each other; that isn’t going to happen these days in air travel.

Personally I paid the same price for my space and the person in front of me on a flight. Why should they have the extra space of my area and reduce my comfort and the use of my space?

So if someone isn’t going to compensate me for my reduced space then hell no you can’t recline and make my flight worse than it needs to be, I’m flying to travel somewhere. I booked a “flight” for travel; the passenger in front might thing about booking a hotel room with a bed instead of a flight.

The airline is the problem, they expect passengers to be civil and understanding of each other but that isn’t going to happen in our society so the next best thing is to “prevent” seats from reclining. It’s also “required” that seats be in the upright position for landing and takeoff as well during a turbulent flight. For safety during all flights – leave the seats upright!

Now if you “ask” me nicely if you can recline in my space I’d say “yes” unless I'm needing it for my laptop or for reading or eating. Now go enjoy your day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel