Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 06:53 AM

7,996 posts, read 5,425,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
Wasn't there a case in NYC recently where a guy was renting places from AirBnB and using the homes for massive orgies? I think I read about it a while back on the NYC forum here at CD.

Yep - here's the thread.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...se-airbnb.html
That can happen with hotel rooms, cabin rentals, etc.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:37 PM

812 posts, read 1,913,302 times
I will be using airbnb for the first time in France for Spring Break. Travel with 4 adults and 2 kids was proving too expensive the traditional route in Europe. Now I can do laundry and pack lighter and have a hot breakfast in the morning. Plus more room! I am only concerned about reviews where people had their stays canceled at the last minute. Otherwise the hosts have been so nice so far.

I had to do a verification process and I get messages via sms on my phone.

I hate not collecting points and worrying a bit more about damages but several friends here in Germany use it without issues around Europe.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:53 AM

4,278 posts, read 8,204,888 times
I've used it three times, 2 in Amsterdam and 1 in Madrid, and had fantastic experiences with all 3, at prices that dwarfed staying in a hotel that wouldn't have been half as nice.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:06 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,133,047 times
If you don't like AirBnB, there's always the more traditional B & B's. That's more formalized than the looser AirBnB. We've used both as well as traditional hotels and resorts and of all of them. If money were no issue, then I'd rank a high end resort as my first choice, followed by a standard B & B, then AirBnB and then a regular hotel.

When we use AirBnB, the hosts email back and forth a couple of times and they will usually take a few exchanges to decide if they will let us stay with them. So, it's not pure trust nor are we absolute complete strangers when we arrive at their door. For that matter, we have to trust them, too.

Generally, though, people are nice. The folks on the news have to scurry around to find enough upset folks to fill up their news hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel