Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 06:53 AM

43,717 posts, read 44,480,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
$500 per night at the Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton, a bit less at the Waldorf Astoria. More at the Grand Floridian, but imho not worth the price. These would be regular rooms, not suites. Suites would start in the $750 per night range and go up into the five figures per night.

$35 pp for Breakfast at most better hotel dining rooms

$45 pp for lunch at better golf clubs or hotel dining rooms

$1000 + for dinner for two with a couple fabulous bottles of wine at Victoria and Albert's, Norman's, Napa, California Grill, the Boheme, Le Coq Au Vin, etc. (Without wine, dinner at these restaurants would range from $100-500 per couple, not including chef's tables)

$500+ night out for two at a hot club with bottle service.

$100-200+ per day for luxury car rental, a luxury sedan and driver would run you about $1000 per day

Helicopter ride--no idea, there are several places that offer them, probably starting at $25 pp for a few minutes and going up from there.

Single massage at a better spa (Madara, Mokara, etc.) starting at $105 and going to over $200. Full spa day with 3-4 treatments and lunch would run $650 to well over $1000.

Golf--greens fees run $40 to $225+ per person.

Theme parks--$125 per person, per day for admission, another $100 each for snacks, drinks, souvenirs, etc.

$2500 per day for a couple. Could be more.
This sounds about right for the top tier in Manhattan (NYC)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 07:21 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,090,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
This sounds about right for the top tier in Manhattan (NYC)!
People think it's cheap to vacation in the Orlando area. It can be if you stay at a dump motel, use Downtown Disney as your kids Disney World experience, go to Magical Midway and Old Town Kissimmee for rides, and pretty much hang out by the pool all day, eating breakfast and lunch out of the cooler in your room and dinner at the $3.99 Pasta buffet down the street.

To vacation high end around here is not a cheap prospect, and yes, will run NYC/San Francisco prices.

Of course there are in between's, those run around $500-1000 per day for a family of four including meals, hotel, and theme park tickets, depending on the time of year, the type of accommodations, and how old the kids are (over a certain age they pay more for tickets, meals, etc.)

Old 09-02-2014, 09:31 AM

607 posts, read 1,217,763 times
I live in DC and looks like it'll cost about $2k/day for a swanky visit. Here's the breakdown:

-Hotel: $450-500/night for The Willard, Ritz Carlton, Mandarin Oriental or similar
-Meals: $500/day per person. A fancy brunch at the Blue Duck Tavern incl daytime cocktails will run about $50/pp with tax and tip. Dinner from the tasting menu at Mini Bar, the most expensive restaurant in DC, will run $450/pp with wine pairings and tip.
-Car: $300/day. Renting a car is a hassle in the city b/c of parking and traffic. Better to hire a black car to chauffeur you around. I have no idea how much this costs b/c I'm not that rich , but judging from my Uber rides, I'm guessing $40/ride or so, more if they provide tour guide services.
-Bar: $20/drink at the W hotel rooftop bar, one of the swankiest night spots in town.
-Spa: $500 for massage, facial and tip at a top quality spa like Bliss or the Four Seasons.
-Entertainment: $200 for good seats to a show at the Kennedy Center

Old 09-15-2014, 03:59 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,928,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
That wasn't the question. He was looking to find out what top tier was WHERE YOU LIVE, not where you want to visit.
i must have missed that. The answer I'd give, however, is the same, because I live in Chicago, which is about as pricey as San Francisco or Barcelona. (Don't come in the winter.)

Old 09-16-2014, 10:16 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,376,115 times
What's this thread about? "Top Tier" is always relative to where you live and what you want to do. Even here in CO, I can take a 'top tier' fishing trip out east for a couple hundred $$ a day or a 'top tier' ski resort vacation for a couple thousand, at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel