Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 01:15 AM

405 posts, read 1,280,345 times

Advertisements

I recently flew on a cross country trip with a popular airline.
When I got to my destination my checked baggage had been riffled,
the compartments left half open, and several items were missing.
Among them my diabetic test kit (which they insisted I check cause of needles).
I felt stunned and violated.
I had to spend a lot of money to replace these items.
It unconscionable to think that paying passengers can have their
baggage burglarized by the flying public who pay their salary.
Don't they have cameras in the baggage areas to monitor these people??
Taking note of the low caliber people who work at this airline,
and the disproportionate number at that particular hub, I will
not fly that airline or circuit again.
I would strongly urge that all passengers on every airline
put padlocks on their luggage to fend off these attacks.
It's a different world today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 02:53 AM

21,181 posts, read 19,792,767 times
Print out a copy of this and present it to anyone who gives you a hassle.

Quote:
My TSA

Home
Search Results For:
syringes (diabetes)

Check or Carry-on

Please notify the Transportation Security Officer that you have diabetes and are carrying your supplies with you. Insulin pumps and supplies must be accompanied by insulin, and insulin in any form or dispenser must be clearly identified.
TSA allows larger amounts of medically necessary liquids, gels, and aerosols in reasonable quantities for your trip, but you must declare them to security officers at the checkpoint for inspection.

The following diabetes-related supplies and equipment are allowed through the checkpoint once they have been screened:

Insulin and insulin loaded dispensing products: vials or box of individual vials, jet injectors, biojectors, epipens, infusers, and preloaded syringes.

Ice or ice packs to keep insulin cool.

Unlimited number of unused syringes when accompanied by insulin or other injectable medication.

Lancets, blood glucose meters, blood glucose meter test strips, alcohol swabs, and meter-testing solutions.

Insulin pump and insulin pump supplies: cleaning agents, batteries, plastic tubing, infusion kit, catheter, and needle.

Glucagon emergency kit.

Urine ketone test strips.

Unlimited number of used syringes when transported in Sharps disposal container or other similar hard-surface container.

Sharps disposal containers or similar hard-surface disposal container for storing used syringes and test strips.

Even if an item is generally permitted, it may be subject to additional screening or not allowed through the checkpoint if it triggers an alarm during the screening process, appears to have been tampered with, or poses other security concerns. The final decision rests with TSA on whether to allow any items on the plane.

My TSA - Home Airport
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel