Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 02:33 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,155,195 times

Advertisements

Inside the SecureZone, you can buy all you want.

But Why would you? Stop at a DrugStore/grocery/WalMart in Roswell, and buy a big bottle for the week at your hotel, will cost you less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 02:43 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,356,062 times
The bag of liquid is screened at the same time as your coins, belts, luggage, shoes, jacket, etc - just put the bag in the gray bin with the rest of your stuff .... you can try to keep it in your luggage and they may not say anything or they may back out your bag, have you pull it out and then take it for additional screening ....... easiest way to avoid any potential hassle is to just have is separate

Depending on your airport what is available will be different - but there are no restrictions on quantity of liquid sold in the secured area that can be brought onto the plane ......... I don't recall most stores having things like larger bottles of shampoo or anything, but i've never exactly looked ......... I have brought on booze, water, soda and hand sanitizer though that was purchased in the secured area ....... I've also seen confused/disapointed people have to either throw out, return of put into their checked bags such items that were bought before entering the secured area

I agree with flyonpa though - if you are flying to a place and staying somewhere where you need a larger quantity it's often easier to just pick it up at a local drug store once you are there - i usually will buy some bottled water as well for the hotel as I can pick up a case for what they want to charge me for the bottle in the hotel

there are exceptions though - my wife's shampoo costs a fortune and she's very particular .... on short trips she'll dial it down to whatever is available, but if we're gone a couple of weeks she'll find a way to get some from home to her destination - just enough to last the duration

Old 12-24-2013, 03:59 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,967,002 times
I hate to fly post 911. It use to be an easy deal, no cattle herding, no X rays, pat downs or other 4A violations.

What happened to my country?

Old 12-24-2013, 04:05 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,892,473 times
i used to fly in the 70s as a teen and my folks handled all the particulars. now that they're gone i know what to do on my own but i find security at LaGuardia to be tight and uncomfortable(but Atlanta is spacious and a breeze) so im always looking to make things go smoother. i hate having to go into my wallet for my license and then into my bag for the boarding pass because im afraid of misplacing my license which i need to rent the car. at laGuardia its just a pain but like I say Atlanta is so much better...

Old 12-25-2013, 06:53 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,616,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
ES- according to what i know and what i was told, you are limited to the 3 quart bottles in that zip lock bag in the carry on(goes in the bin) and that you can't keep more bottles in the second bag that goes under the seat except for medical things like glucose gel or liquid

but you can transfer bottles out of the carry on into the other bag once you go thru security

do you actually have to separate the zip lock bag from your carry on? i don't recall taking the time to do that nor any security people asking me to do that
Okay. I don't take more than one zip-lock bag through, so I didn't know there was a limit.

In the US, you have to take the zip-lock bag out of your carry on to put on the x-ray belt.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:33 AM

3,280 posts, read 5,065,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
In the US, you have to take the zip-lock bag out of your carry on to put on the x-ray belt.
This varies from airport to airport. I always have my small bottles of liquids & gels in the quart-size bag inside my carry-on. I put it in the carry-on last, so that if I have to take it out to go through security, it will be easy to find in the carry-on.

But I've found that not all airports require me to take it out of the carry-on. If I do have to take it out of the carry-on, it goes in the gray bin.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:32 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,616,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
This varies from airport to airport. I always have my small bottles of liquids & gels in the quart-size bag inside my carry-on. I put it in the carry-on last, so that if I have to take it out to go through security, it will be easy to find in the carry-on.

But I've found that not all airports require me to take it out of the carry-on. If I do have to take it out of the carry-on, it goes in the gray bin.
Interesting. Are these smaller airports? I usually fly around major hubs and am always required to remove the liquids. I dislike the lack of coordination between different stations and branches of the TSA. The rules should be the same everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel