Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 10:33 AM

479 posts, read 1,435,821 times

Advertisements

99% of my flying throughout my life has been on United, since my family has MileagePlus credit cards. I did fly Delta once recently and didn't like it as much, although I liked that they gave you peanuts on Delta flights. I've never flown Southwest or Frontier, but have heard good things.

So what's your favorite/least favorite U.S. airline, and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 12:23 PM

32,668 posts, read 48,116,742 times
I like the one that is the cheapest.

They are all uncomfortable and crowded and you have to go through the same security checkpoint, no matter which airline you take.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:58 PM

6 posts, read 71,265 times
I've probably flown somewhere around 7-9~ times. I've been on different airlines but in general it's all the same... I've never had any bad experiences, but not necessarily anything great either.

Busy, bustling place, crowded, lots of security. Same thing everywhere, I'd assume.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:03 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,754 posts, read 58,128,451 times
I fly many times / week. I will take SWA in USA, even tho Platinum and other perks on other carriers.

Free changes, QUICK boarding, free bags, happy employees lessens the hassle that TSA has added to airtravel.

TSA is absolutely the worst thing in USA travel (and I fly all over the world.) TSA is overstaffed with WAY incompetent employees, They could not find a grandma terrorist in the millions of people they bother every day.

Do I fee safer flying in USA ??? Absolutely not.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:44 AM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,433,721 times
The only airline I don't like is United, their seats are so small compared to the others. Even for a normal-sized person like me.

I've flown Southwest a bunch. But the past 4-5 times I've gone Delta, I like them too.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,083,239 times
I fly US Airways 99% of the time. I fly enough that I'm almost always upgraded to first class. I also get free checked bags, priority check in and security lines, etc. I makes air travel almost bearable.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:33 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,674,065 times
The best airline alternative is Hertz Rent-a-Car.

My sentimental fav is United, but it's not that useful to me on a short trip since I'm not at a hub. I like JetBlue generally when I can, and used to fly them often PIT-BOS, but what I do right now is avoid flying, see above. I'm in a pickle right now needing to get to Florida in a few weeks and trying to figure out if I will once again fly (for the first time in over a year) or drive (which I haven't done and it's a little longer than the Boston drive that I often make).

Worst experiences generally with Delta.

All the planes are about equally uncomfortable in my experience. It's not the size of the seat so much as the shape of the seatbacks and such. There's no way to sit comfortably in them.

It's not the airlines really that make me not fly, though, it's the BS security.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:36 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,863,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
The only airline I don't like is United, their seats are so small compared to the others. Even for a normal-sized person like me.

I've flown Southwest a bunch. But the past 4-5 times I've gone Delta, I like them too.
I flew on United this fall and was surprised by new planes in the fleet, well, at least one new plane. The seats were better than average, again a surprise. In general I agree they are bad at United so maybe a change is happening - or I got lucky!

Old 01-28-2013, 10:41 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,695,815 times
US here, usually first class. My next choice is Delta.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:16 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,433,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
I flew on United this fall and was surprised by new planes in the fleet, well, at least one new plane. The seats were better than average, again a surprise. In general I agree they are bad at United so maybe a change is happening - or I got lucky!
OK, that's interesting. Maybe they are using some aircraft from Continental. Last time I flew with United was February 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel