Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2012, 07:46 PM

417 posts, read 818,015 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of taking a trip to Santiago in April. I have always wanted to see Easter Island for some reason and hope to go there too, even though it is a 5-hour flight.

How many days should I reserve for Easter Island? It is small so I don't know if it's a place where I would want to spend more than three nights, but if I am going to the time and expense of going there, I don't think less than three nights is appropriate.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 01:53 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,375,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopycat View Post
I am thinking of taking a trip to Santiago in April. I have always wanted to see Easter Island for some reason and hope to go there too, even though it is a 5-hour flight.

How many days should I reserve for Easter Island? It is small so I don't know if it's a place where I would want to spend more than three nights, but if I am going to the time and expense of going there, I don't think less than three nights is appropriate.

Thanks!
I would say 4 to 5 days should be plenty, have an extra day or two if the weather is crummy. I spent 10 days there, back in October 2008, but I just wintered in Antarctica for 7 months so I wanted time to warm up! I met people on my flight from Santiago that were just going to be there for half the day as they continued onto Papeete that evening/afternoon. You can rent bicycles, scooters and even cars to explore the island, I went with the bicycle.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:41 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,283,532 times
I cannot answer your question straight away. However, LAN Airlines does fly to Easter Island out of Lima, Peru twice per week; on Wednesdays and Sundays. I am flying to Easter Island, out of Lima, on Sept 30th. If you want, I'll try to PM you or you me, and I shall give you my personal thoughts on Easter Island. I am SURE I shall love it there. I've wanted to go since I was 7 years old and now I shall.

OH, shall be staying a full 7 days there. I've heard that is too long, for the island isn't all that big. However, I am taking several day tours and renting a car. I am going to hike many parts, with caves, etc dotting the landscape. And heck, if there isn't anything to do? I'm on a beach, with my wife, with mystical moai all around; what else do you need in life?

Old 08-19-2012, 02:40 PM

417 posts, read 818,015 times
Thanks! Feel free to PM me when you return!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel