Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 11:54 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,362,381 times

Advertisements

I love to take pictures of beautiful places all around the world with my DSLR-camera, however there must be a time on holiday with no camera (dinner, beach, ...) and I can't understand people taking thousands of pictures on their vacations with their mini-mini-cam or cellphone with horrible quality, blurry and soft, against the sun....

Last week I've been to Lisbon and Porto, Portugal. I have taken about 500 pictures in 5 days, but I just left my camera at the hotel for serveral times, because I wanted to enjoy the day and the city without having the opportunity to take a picture of everything that might be of interest to anybody. Having the camera with me generates a kind of pressure...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 01:43 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,144,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
I love to take pictures of beautiful places all around the world with my DSLR-camera, however there must be a time on holiday with no camera (dinner, beach, ...) and I can't understand people taking thousands of pictures on their vacations with their mini-mini-cam or cellphone with horrible quality, blurry and soft, against the sun....

Last week I've been to Lisbon and Porto, Portugal. I have taken about 500 pictures in 5 days, but I just left my camera at the hotel for serveral times, because I wanted to enjoy the day and the city without having the opportunity to take a picture of everything that might be of interest to anybody. Having the camera with me generates a kind of pressure...
Yeah ... I never understood why folks snap thousands of pictures with poor quality cell phone cameras ...

Old 09-18-2011, 08:00 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,252,568 times
One thing I dislike about travelling with others is the fact that I do not get enough time to properly compose my pictures.

Last edited by tvdxer; 09-18-2011 at 08:28 PM..

Old 09-20-2011, 07:36 PM

10,228 posts, read 16,402,821 times
I don't have issues with cameras, as long as they don't encroach on my space, as has happened a couple of times. I try to be patient and hold back for those capturing a moment ~ I've occasionally offered to take a picture of them together.

I tend to gripe more about camcorders because they take much longer to film and get it done. So I've stopped trying to stay out of their view.

I sometimes find that I pay less attention to what's going on in front of me if I'm snapping pictures all the time. So I've been training myself to tuck it away a little more often.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:42 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,121,302 times
I typically find myself wishing I had taken more pictures... I don't agree with majority of the posts in this thread.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:18 PM
JL

8,538 posts, read 14,655,394 times
I disagree. I take whatever i think is interesting. I always try to make sure the photos come out looking nice. I'll delete the bad ones. If it means taking hundreds and hundreds of photos, so be it. When i travel with friends, i usually get one of them to bring a video camera while i bring my digi camera. I will take the photos while my friend shoots the video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel