Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 11:36 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times

Advertisements

I have an international flight out of EWR with Continental. Just wondering if I'm going to have to change terminals or if the CO terminal is both domestic and international?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 12:59 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times
Same terminal, but you'll be late.

EWR is horrible. Next month I have a tight Continental connection from IAH through EWR to PVG. 40 minutes at EWR. I already have my contingency plans in place.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:13 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Not looking forward to EWR, but that's only from what I've heard from people. Never actually been there myself so I can't say too much, I just always avoided it. I do have a 2 hour connection, so I'm not worried about missing it, especially if I don't have to change terminals.

Thanks for the info, its good to know I don't have to worry about terminal changes.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:27 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times
The terminal is fine, but it's semi-updated. The building is old, but parts have been spruced up. It's too narrow, too crowded, and far too much of a PITA to get around. The volume and the weather team up to screw up pretty much every flight.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:41 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,906,017 times
Never flown there. Been to LGA, don't like it. JFK is acceptable.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:52 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
I have heard so many complaints about EWR but we must just live charmed lives because we have never had problems either there (or ATL or CDG, which also have terrible reputations.)

We have connected many times at EWR on CO and everything went seamlessly.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:59 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I have an international flight out of EWR with Continental. Just wondering if I'm going to have to change terminals or if the CO terminal is both domestic and international?
Just about all the Continental intercontinental flights go out of terminal C at EWR and the vast majority of the domestic flights come into terminal C. That generally makes the connection pretty easy as you do not have to go through security again and the worst you will have is a bit of a walk to your next gate.

Continental do sometimes bring incoming intercontinental flights into terminal B which is more of a hassle if you are connecting. Terminal B to terminal C is pretty easy. You can either walk or get the airtrain. There are three security points in terminal C. The one by the airtrain (the middle one) is always the busiest. The one to the right (as you look at security) is usually the quietest. To go to a different security point, just walk up a short flight of stairs, walk along to the next one and back downstairs again.

With the United merger, it is possible that more Continental/United flights will be using terminal B. However, it is most likely that you will be in terminal C.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:15 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,514,459 times
If you're flying to EWR on a CO regional, there's a good chance you'd be parking at Terminal A, then having to take the AirTrain to C. Not a big deal, but of course not as easy as having both terminals be the same.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:08 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,288,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I have heard so many complaints about EWR but we must just live charmed lives because we have never had problems either there (or ATL or CDG, which also have terrible reputations.)
Same here, don't know what all the complaints are about. This used to be our home airport and we just flew out of there last Saturday. Security took less than 10 minutes, there were 5 people in front of us on a Saturday and we had no issues.

We've connected through EWR several times in the last couple of years and you should not have to switch terminals, we never had to for Continental.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel