Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:29 AM

1,196 posts, read 1,812,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzall View Post
It doesn't have to be super fancy, I just love room service and having a nice bar! But, I'll definitely look at the Hyatt. Thanks.
The Roof Lounge at the Park Hyatt is certainly cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 02:46 PM

15 posts, read 24,192 times
I don't think that's true at all.

I've never stayed at the Drake, but I've heard it's an experience.

The Sheraton in downtown Toronto was nice to me. I've also stayed at the Days Inn there...not as nice, but in a great location. And I wasn't trying to spend a lot of time inside anyway.

If I had my druthers, I'd go to the Novotel at North York Centre Station. I adore that hotel. Lots of great memories. Just a train ride away from downtown TO, and the Empress Walk area is sufficient if you want to pretend to be downtown.

I've stayed in a real dump, before Glengrove Suites on Yonge Street. It's in a nice location (near Lawrence and Yonge), and it was ok for the first stay. But it's old and in the last few years its begun to show it's age and the service was poor. I did like having the small kitchen, but now I think I'd try the Suites at One King Street West instead.

I've never been able to afford >150/night hotels, so ymmv.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:15 PM

2,618 posts, read 1,510,273 times
Fairmount Royal York is One of the best.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:17 PM

332 posts, read 825,902 times
Hotel Le Germain Toronto

or

The Four Seasons

Old 03-28-2010, 11:28 AM

251 posts, read 1,037,590 times
How is the area around the New Ritz Carlton that is being built? Good area or not?
Which area is best to stay in hotel wise?

Old 03-28-2010, 12:29 PM

2,618 posts, read 1,510,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naomisday View Post
How is the area around the New Ritz Carlton that is being built? Good area or not?
Which area is best to stay in hotel wise?
Good area to say the least. At least I think so.
Downtown is the best area to stay if you want a Hotel. After that Yonge and Sheppard(North York City Centre) is a Great Choice.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:59 PM

40 posts, read 170,840 times
Thanks everyone. We've narrowed it down to the Park Hyatt or Le Germain. I'm for Le Germain, my sis is for Park Hyatt. We both agreed the Hazelton, is simply fabulous looking, but we don't really need all that. I might not want to return to my condo!

Old 05-17-2013, 07:38 AM

9 posts, read 14,752 times
Reviving an old thread here - I am planning to stay at the Sheraton Centre for a two-night visit to Toronto, family of three. Can anyone offer feedback on this hotel? I'll get a deal with a pre-pay, but you know the catch.

How about parking? Hotel parking is expensive - can anyone suggest nearby alternatives to hotel parking?

Thanks very much in advance - I'm grateful for any feedback and info you can offer.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:13 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,882,715 times
Your problem is that you're going for name brands. Toronto has a bunch of new boutique hotels in or near the downtown core that make the Four Seasons look like a Holiday Inn. Unfortunately, I can't remember any of their names. I think one is the Shangri-La. Trump also has a hotel here and i believe the Four Seasons is in the midst of building its flagship hotel downtown.

While the Drake and Gladstone are cool little Boutique hotels, they are far from the downtown (though they are in a great neighbourhood and far closer to the "real" Toronto experience you'll never get saying staying DT or in Yorkville) and IMO are overpriced for what you get. They're also not really good places for kids. The Winston Arms is nice. But really, don't look to the past - there are lots of new 4-5 star boutique hotels in the city for those that like luxury.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:16 AM

207 posts, read 928,450 times
FYI: Toronto Luxury Hotels and Resorts | Kiwi Collection
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto