Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2006, 10:48 AM

5 posts, read 30,077 times

Advertisements

I'm desparate.... I'm not intimately familiar with the state, though have driven through many a times. I was wondering if anyone could share their opinion on this apartment/townhome complex. We're a family of 4 (2 young daughters) and would like a decent place to live, obviously, as anyone would. I mean, if anyone here might know, is it safe, decent for 'families', etc. I would be ever so greatful. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2006, 11:07 AM

976 posts, read 3,860,210 times
Well they are actually in the suburb of Ottawa Hills. Very upscale community. The apartments are right by the Toledo Botanical Gardens. Since it is in Ottawa Hills it is probaly safe and in a very nice neighborhood. The apartments are also not far from the Wildwood Preserve Metropark. Lots of parks nearby.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer1708 View Post
Well they are actually in the suburb of Ottawa Hills. Very upscale community. The apartments are right by the Toledo Botanical Gardens. Since it is in Ottawa Hills it is probaly safe and in a very nice neighborhood. The apartments are also not far from the Wildwood Preserve Metropark. Lots of parks nearby.
Thanks So Much Paintballer! I trust your opinion, as I've read quite a bit that you've posted on here. Thanks again.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer1708 View Post
Paintballer! I went and saw the apts/townhomes that I asked you about. My cousin (from Novi, MI) and I drove there while I was visiting, and I only wished I could stay. It appears to be a family-friendly area (at 2pm Saturday), quiet and cleaner. The only thing, kind of significant, was the U-Haul place right next to it, but you can't really see it in the summer. Oh well. It has 1200 square feet, and I'm coming from 2bdr 926 sq ft for the past 10 years paying 870/mo with no decent amneties, having to walk across the yard to do my laundry etc. For the price range I'm looking for, it was surprisingly very nice. The lady/leasing agent was kind enough to let us into one of the town houses they were cleaning up, though I had no appointment, and I'm so eager to get the hell out of here and into that. We drove down N. Reynolds, I think, and there were some HUGE/GORGEOUS houses that I can only dream of..... But I have to say, from what I could see-obviously superficially-you were right about this one Paintballer. Thank you Very much. I appreciate it! I have no regrets about going down there to check it out. I can only pray that this move brings me better luck than Virginia has afforded to me and my family. Thanks again )

Last edited by GottaLeaveVirginia; 08-31-2006 at 10:27 PM..

Old 09-01-2006, 07:06 AM

976 posts, read 3,860,210 times
^Well im very glad that you really liked the area. So you are you moving to this area? If so i wish you the best of luck. Im glad that i was right about the apartments. I saw that they were located around Ottawa Hills which is a very nice neighborhood and suburb. Its a very safe area, and not too far from the city. Im very happy that you found a place that you like. And i hope everything turns out fine, and you can be happier in Ohio. Good luck with the move, and if you need anymore information i would be more than glad to help out.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:49 AM

5 posts, read 22,607 times
It was so weird to see a question about the complex I live in on a forum, but I guess if there is anyone who would know the answers, it's me. Westridge is in a good location, low crime, easy access to shopping and restaurants, it's located in the Sylvania School district which is top notch, and there is little to complain about. The apartments were bought by a new realty company a few months ago, and have made some improvements, like repaving the lot, but you now have to mail your rent (no drop offs at the office), and it seems like if you have a problem, you have to go through a corporate realty company to get anything taken care of. I live in a one bedroom apartment, and haven't seen any of the townhouses, so I can't really vouch either way for them. Cost wise, if you have a family, you may be better off to rent a house in Sylvania rather than getting a town house. There are many places for rent where your kids would have a back yard, and you wouldnt have to worry about them playing in a parking lot. If you have any questions, email me at spdvolunteer709@yahoo.com . Hope this helps.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:36 AM

2 posts, read 9,642 times
Just thought I would follow up on this thread in addition to posting a new one.

My wife and I are relocating to Toledo and are thinking about the 2 bedroom townhomes at Westridge. If anyone currently/formerly living there can tell us about their experiences, we'd like to hear about it. We are specifically wondering about how quiet it is, how much the gas bill runs (especially during the winter heating season), and if anyone has had any problems with management/maintenance.

Thanks a lot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
View detailed profiles of: