Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bill White vs Rick Perry
Rick Perry 31 26.50%
Bill White 77 65.81%
Neither of them 9 7.69%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 10:52 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,239,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbius View Post
Theres no conspiracy necessary. Right now our road building agency has told the state there is no new money for roads. Our Governor instead of dealing with this issue responsibly has told the State that all new roads will be toll roads. Not surprisingly some of his biggest backers are foreign toll road companies.

Again who needs conspiracies when the corruption is right there in your face. If you vote for Rick Perry you are voting for endless toll roads and rubber stamping his out in the open corruption.
You've stated plainly then, that the option to toll roads is no new roads. Let them build the toll roads, you don't have to use them.

I distinctly recall Hiway 8 in Houston was completely paved before the Sam Houston Tollway itself was started. Hiway 8 was laid out as access roads, the toll road was green pasture between the opposite directions of 8.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 12:35 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,786,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
You've stated plainly then, that the option to toll roads is no new roads. Let them build the toll roads, you don't have to use them.

I distinctly recall Hiway 8 in Houston was completely paved before the Sam Houston Tollway itself was started. Hiway 8 was laid out as access roads, the toll road was green pasture between the opposite directions of 8.
You're giving a false choice here. The logical choice is to elect a governor who will first seriously audit TxDot. You know TxDot the public government agency that spent millions of our tax money advertising for private corporate toll roads. Seems like they could use a little more oversight and scrutiny dont you think?

Once TxDot is brought to heel if it turns out we need a few more cents of gas tax to get decent public roads then by God do it!

The choice isnt between no roads and toll roads. Thats ridiculous.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:18 PM

122 posts, read 311,131 times
Rick Perry doesn't care about Texas since he's cutting the already poor budget to the prisons. I guess that spending money on protecting Texas from criminals isn't a high priority for him.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:44 AM

1,157 posts, read 2,658,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Texas is very important to Soros and those like him. It's hard to control the USA unless they can also control States like Texas.

I'm not a Perry fan but I do know that he will fight against this sort of thing. White did a good job for Houston economically and in some other ways also - on the other hand, he also turned Houston into a Sanctuary city. With the Narco war raging on the Texas border, do we really want Texas to become a Sanctuary State?

The risk is too large. It's not the time to take chances, Texas is in much better shape than most other States and we need to keep it that way. I think that White is running at the wrong time, we don't really know enough about his connections and who is funding him. He is a bit too "National" for this Texan.

I have zero interest in somebody like George Soros or TH Kerry funding Texas politicians.
Wow, no offense, but that is the most idiotic thing I've heard yet. We (liberals- yes, me) want the same thing you do- I want my kid to have a robust public school eduction that will help get them into college and produce an employable member of the workforce, I want taxes that are spent logically with a visible impact (not waste), I want to know the infrastructure of our state is sound and we are spending our dollars wisely when building new roads (after a txdot audit), I want jobs and I would like to not only keep big employers around but attract new ones, and most importantly I want to keep money flowing into the state which will help everything and everyone. This is what we-- and Soros (or whoever)-- all want. Bill White understands this and isn't spending his time throwing money into the pockets of lobbyists. I trust that he will take a step back, assess where we are and do what is right (sometimes painful in the short term) to keep TX solid. Good education, good infrastructure, good jobs and an emphasis on money management help everyone. I want someone who will do it and not just talk about it. Is that so bad?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas