Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2010, 08:37 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,025 times

Advertisements

This is a bit esoteric but maybe someone who is a developer or works in septics or the environmental field may know this.

My county health official thinks NOT as does the county judge but they aren't sure.

Who has a clue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 12:00 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
surely the person who is in charge of planning/zoning/engineering for the county would know--
who signs off on bldg permits

in my area (dfw) when an area is in county vs city limits--the closest city building dept is usually the one who signs off on building codes/permit situations for builders--like grading plans before construction starts--which is where the sewer/septic line questions would usually be decided...

frankly WHY would a septic line need to cross under a public road--
most people doing aerobic septic systems do not have elaborate or deep plumbing runs and most homes using septic systems vs city sewer are using aerobic systems vs the old fashioned septic tank systems...

and if the land on the both sides of the roads does not belong to the same owner--then legally you would not have a right to do that anyway

are you trying to connect two different houses to same system?

Old 02-21-2010, 03:16 PM

3,702 posts, read 18,208,805 times
Really not a good idea as the septic lines would not hold up to all the pressure from the road, not to mention costly repairs. How much would the county charge you to tunnel under or dig up the road? Of course that also depends on your getting a utility easement, which is not likely.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:27 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,025 times
LOL its not me- its another person who has a right to put the mound on the other side of the road, however that was assuming it was a private road - now it looks to be a public one and that may be litigated.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:23 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,770,375 times
Your septic system has to be within your property lines. I've always heard your property runs to the center of the road, LOL, I guess so the county/city can have a few more feet to tax? Regardless, it doesn't even make sense to run a lateral line under a road. As someone mentioned earlier, it would not hold up. Then there is the issue of cutting the ditch across the road. I dang sure don't think they're into boring lateral lines now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: