Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 03:45 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,766,233 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!
I'm a young Italian girl and this summer (in August), I would like to visit Texas!
I'm very curious about cowboys style!

I have been planned my itinerary but I have some questions and I ask you to help me, please.

1) which are the best beaches in Texas?
2) Between Palo Duro Canyon and San Antonio, if you have 1 night,where will you stop?

This is my itenerary:

* Fort Worth/Dallas (3 nights- arrive at evening by plane)
* ?? (1 night)
* Amarillo (pass to Wichita falls/Cadillac ranch) (1 night)
* Palo Duro Canyon (1 night)
* ?? (1 night)
* San Antonio (3 nights)
* South Padre Island (2 nights)
* Corpus Christi (2 nights)
* Galveston (1 night)
* Austin (pass by Houston) (1 night)
* Dallas (1 night and departure)

where I put "??", I ask you your help!

I like a place with more vitality!

Many thanks for your kind help

ciao
Laura

Sorry for my English...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2007, 08:06 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,386,808 times
that sounds like an EXCELLENT itinerary. make sure ya go see a rodeo while you are in one of these great Texas towns. we sure got plenty of them!

Old 02-18-2007, 08:08 AM

best beaches-SOUTH PADRE ISLAND..........way way south of Corpus....about 2 hours drive (right on border of Mexico). you will LOVE IT!

Old 02-18-2007, 10:50 AM

many thanks for your answer!

In Fort Worh or in others cities, where is the best place where I can see a Rodeo?
Is a reservation necessary?

Besides, in my itenerary, where I can found and stay in a ranch?

Can you tell me which place do you me recommend, please?

Thanks!
Have a great day
Laura

Old 02-18-2007, 03:11 PM

there are rodeos at the Ft Worth Stockyards every weekend, and also at Billy Bobs (where you can go two steppin with the cowboys!). no reservations necessary.
staying at a ranch? try to google Bandera Texas..the Convention and Visitors Bureau and you will find PLENTY of dude ranches in Bandera!

Old 02-18-2007, 10:18 PM

90 posts, read 472,230 times
Palo Duro to San Antone: Enchanted Rock State Park. It's North of Fredricksburg. Fredricksburg is known for its unique shopping. You are a brave woman to travel Texas in August. Drink lots of water.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
there are rodeos at the Ft Worth Stockyards every weekend, and also at Billy Bobs (where you can go two steppin with the cowboys!). no reservations necessary.
staying at a ranch? try to google Bandera Texas..the Convention and Visitors Bureau and you will find PLENTY of dude ranches in Bandera!
Many thanks for your recomment.
I have seen that you are to Wichita Falls.
Can you give me some advice about Wichita falls?

Have a nice day
Laura

PS: Is August month more warm ? Is the temperature similar to Florida?

Old 02-19-2007, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
sorry but I don't understand.. what's "steppin"?
How many time before is recommend to go to entry?

I have seen the web site about Bandera and..wow..It's more, more interesting!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 08:11 AM

90 posts, read 472,230 times
You make me smile. August is the hottest month. No one in Texas would use August and warm in the same sentence. Texas coastal weather is like Fla, humid. The interior is dry. Do you like steamed or baked? "Two Stepping" is the traditional cowboy dance. Not real hard, kinda like sliding on ice. One step left, two steps right. Hence the name. Although not really a step more of a slide. If you go to a place with a dance floor, someone will ask you to dance and tell them you want to learn. They should be happy to teach you. Billy Bob's in Ft. Worth is a good place. Gruene Dance Hall, Gruene Tx is the oldest dance hall in Texas. Just outside of New Braunfels. The Gristmill is a great place to eat, it's right next door. I think you would have a weeks worth of things to do just in the hill country. If you search Billy Bob's and Gruene Hall you should be able to see the events list for the time you would be there. As for Wichita Falls, if you are planning a stop here, then will we find something to do. If you are not planning to stop then don't. Fallstown is best described as a good place to be from.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:41 AM

oh..wow! Yes, now it's cleary!!!! It's a cowboys dance! It's beautiful and very funny! I hope to try and learn it!

Now, I see Billy Bob's and Gruene Hall web site!
Yes, I have planned in my itinerary, to pass by Whicita Falls! I would like to visit this falls!

Another question...

I would like to reserve a cabin in Palo Duro Canyon but I don't know how reserve this cabin by internet

Can you help me, please? When I have seen a price....how much is the tax?

The same if I would to reserve a room at Big Texan in Amarillo....
Price? How do I do?

Thank you!

Do you like steamed or baked? what's? I don't understand...
Sorry for the trouble but I would like to have a beautiful holiday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas