Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2023, 02:40 PM

679 posts, read 274,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post

2. It's just straight up silly that the other guy rushes to his computer and posts up every time the heat index is higher in DFW than Houston.

4. Frankly, you got the ball rolling per this topic with your amazingly silly post in the DFW forum claiming that DFW has more muggy summer days than Austin or Houston. A little bit of dew point tracking slams the door hard on that absurd claim.

As to No. 2, I don't rush to my computer and don't need to. Dallas is consistently hotter in both nominal temps and RealFeel (which, again, takes Dew Point into account). I'll try to find a day when Dallas is not hotter and I promise I'll post it when I do). I post these in response to the claims upthread that Dallas is cooler than Houston in the summer and the absurd claims that Dallas has cooler summer evenings.

As to No. 4. I'm not sure if anyone really claimed Dallas has more muggy summer days than Houston. I know I certainly never claimed that, and I agree it would be an absurd claim. I've only stated that Dallas is generally hotter in the summer than Houston, both nominal and RealFeel temperatures. Dew Point tracking does not slam the door on that.

Last edited by oil capital; 07-25-2023 at 03:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2023, 03:39 PM

679 posts, read 274,028 times
Because I know EDS_ looks forward to my weather reports, at 4:32 pm today:

Dallas: 102 degrees. Accuweather RealFeel: 106. RealFeel Shade: 102. Heat Advisory until 9 pm tomorrow. Air Quality Alert until 5:30 pm today. and because I know EDS_ really loves dewpoint numbers: 64

Houston: 90 degrees. Accuweather RealFeel: 99. RealFeel Shade: 94. No Advisories or Alerts. Dewpoint: 72

Old 07-25-2023, 05:34 PM

274 posts, read 120,018 times
Default Dallas smear campaigns against Houston

Yes I am now thoroughly convinced that The Dallas side of the DFW nettoplex has actively propagated a smear campaign against Houston. They have done this through media and memes. The campaign has been launched since at least 1961 when NASA chose Houston for its mission control center.
There is also evidence that Dallas was furious about not getting the Port moved up to Dallas.
Dallas had aspirations of becomming the Energy Capital and does host a kit of energy companies but the Energy Capital title went to Houston. Dallas lost a bid to be the Capital.
There are many examples of How Dallas over time has struggled to find an identity and to stay relevant. Dallas is pretty much a flat featureless place with a bit of a midwest -Kansas City , Oklahoma feel ie. Deep Ellum compared to Brick town. grassland it's cotton fields and cattle and trains
WITH NO PORT. Dallas has a much harder case for importance and relevance as it's a pretty plain and common place.
Now, we need more Houstonians to publish about Dallas all over the internet WHEREVER THEY HAVE INFLUENCE and publications and get into people's minds, leverage its weaknesses and vulnerabilities. Amplify its problems eventually public opinion will change toward Dallas
Teach people to sneer and say YUCK , DALLAS NO WAY. YOU COULDNT PAY ME TO LIVE THERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeman42 View Post
Agreed

Yet if I were to make a similar list of Dallas' atrocities (and there are PLENTY), they'd come up with every excuse in the book as to why I'm "wrong" or "neglecting the reasoning for why it's that way"

Can't win with them.

Old 07-25-2023, 05:52 PM

6,693 posts, read 9,942,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas100 View Post
Yes I am now thoroughly convinced that The Dallas side of the DFW nettoplex has actively propagated a smear campaign against Houston. They have done this through media and memes. The campaign has been launched since at least 1961 when NASA chose Houston for its mission control center.
There is also evidence that Dallas was furious about not getting the Port moved up to Dallas.
Dallas had aspirations of becomming the Energy Capital and does host a kit of energy companies but the Energy Capital title went to Houston. Dallas lost a bid to be the Capital.
There are many examples of How Dallas over time has struggled to find an identity and to stay relevant. Dallas is pretty much a flat featureless place with a bit of a midwest -Kansas City , Oklahoma feel ie. Deep Ellum compared to Brick town. grassland it's cotton fields and cattle and trains
WITH NO PORT. Dallas has a much harder case for importance and relevance as it's a pretty plain and common place.
Now, we need more Houstonians to publish about Dallas all over the internet WHEREVER THEY HAVE INFLUENCE and publications and get into people's minds, leverage its weaknesses and vulnerabilities. Amplify its problems eventually public opinion will change toward Dallas
Teach people to sneer and say YUCK , DALLAS NO WAY. YOU COULDNT PAY ME TO LIVE THERE.
This is the funniest thing I've read all day

I've never heard anyone say none of this in real life. You're propagating Houston insecurity more than anything right now.

Old 07-25-2023, 08:12 PM

19,777 posts, read 18,069,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil capital View Post
As to No. 2, I don't rush to my computer and don't need to. Dallas is consistently hotter in both nominal temps and RealFeel (which, again, takes Dew Point into account). I'll try to find a day when Dallas is not hotter and I promise I'll post it when I do). I post these in response to the claims upthread that Dallas is cooler than Houston in the summer and the absurd claims that Dallas has cooler summer evenings.

As to No. 4. I'm not sure if anyone really claimed Dallas has more muggy summer days than Houston. I know I certainly never claimed that, and I agree it would be an absurd claim. I've only stated that Dallas is generally hotter in the summer than Houston, both nominal and RealFeel temperatures. Dew Point tracking does not slam the door on that.
1. Obviously you do.

1.1. RealFeel does not = dew point temp.

1.2. Right now...Houston dpt = 73....DFW = 64

1.3. Dallas does have relatively cooler nights and early mornings. DPTs prove it.

2. Texas100 - 100% did claim that DFW is more muggy than Houston and or Austin.

Old 07-25-2023, 08:30 PM

9,863 posts, read 6,579,684 times
What was everyone’s favorite math class in college?

Old 07-26-2023, 05:37 AM

Default Funny

Really?
It's been my experience that most people I meet from Dallas will say something like: Houston? YUCK, and when I ask them why they will either point to their skin or blurt out all the propagated programmed response stuff. Especially the Boomhauers. Your biased paper ummmm the Dallas Morning news always puts an anti Houston slant on their stories.
Now, tell the truth!
It's alright, we have much bigger problems than a rivalry between Dallas and Houston. Let them continue. They attempt the same with Chicago. Besides most of the growth nowadays is coming from immigration, babies being born from immigrants and both Houston and Dallas are popular with immigrants. I also don't think that attitude goes very far outside of Dallas itself. Let's see what happens over the next 15-20 years. AI and CBDC may change life as we know it. !!!!!!
Now explain to me again why you think that Dallas Is sonehow better than H-Town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
This is the funniest thing I've read all day..
I've never heard anyone say none of this in real life. You're propagating Houston insecurity more than anything right now.

Old 07-26-2023, 06:23 AM

829 posts, read 451,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas100 View Post
Really?
It's been my experience that most people I meet from Dallas will say something like: Houston? YUCK, and when I ask them why they will either point to their skin or blurt out all the propagated programmed response stuff. Especially the Boomhauers. Your biased paper ummmm the Dallas Morning news always puts an anti Houston slant on their stories.
Now, tell the truth!
It's alright, we have much bigger problems than a rivalry between Dallas and Houston. Let them continue. They attempt the same with Chicago. Besides most of the growth nowadays is coming from immigration, babies being born from immigrants and both Houston and Dallas are popular with immigrants. I also don't think that attitude goes very far outside of Dallas itself. Let's see what happens over the next 15-20 years. AI and CBDC may change life as we know it. !!!!!!
Now explain to me again why you think that Dallas Is sonehow better than H-Town.
Bruh

Old 07-26-2023, 06:36 AM

Default They do the same to Chicago

It's no secret that DFW has its sights in Chicago. They portray Chicago as a crime ridden hell hole and spread propaganda about Chi Town. They want America to believe that Chicago is in a death spiral. The fact is that Chi Town is miles ahead of DFW and Houston in almost every category. They want to tear down Chicago just like they do Houston. Sure Caterpillar moved its headquarters to DFW but a ton of other companies relocated to Chicago also. They try to portray all of Chicagoland as being South Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears02 View Post
Bruh

Old 07-26-2023, 08:09 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,527,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
The Ismaili Center will soon be the crown jewel on Allen Parkway.

https://the.ismaili/ismaili-center-houston
I think with the development along Allen Parkway, they may need to relook at this particular parkway and make it into a drive or Avenue. I think the speed limit now at 35 mph maybe a bit to high in the coming years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas