Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 09:57 AM

573 posts, read 338,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL I couldn't vote for Louie Gohmert if I wanted to - he's not even my representative.

I don't live in Smith County or in Tyler. I said "I am a constituent of his" before because I was at the time I went to Washington DC on vacation, but I'm not any longer and haven't been for several years.

But please - keep accusing me of putting my head in the sand if you like.

Don't underestimate other people though - I said that about Louis Gohmert and I'm saying that about myself as well - and anyone else.

Really? You can't vote for "gentleman" Louie? Here is a fact: Yes, you still have an opportunity to vote for your "gentleman" Louie in the upcoming election if you live in TX as well as every registered voter in TX - and everyone in TX may be a "constituent" of his as he is running for AG (thread topic), to represent all Texas residents, no matter where they live in TX, Tyler or otherwise.

Where did I ever say I "underestimate" him or anyone else say that? He's obviously won his region handily multiple times which his politics, policies, conspiracy theories, and all-around bigotry. You had multiple opportunities to vote for him when you did live in Tyler/Smith County - every two years.

If you don't care about politicians and politics and hate/dislike/don't care for them; and "gentleman" Louie hasn't been your rep recently, you spend a lot of time avoiding any discussion of "gentleman" Louie's (the thread topic, and someone you "personally" know and liked to repeat multiple times that you "personally" know him) politics, policies, or behavior. Instead you've defended him and spent a lot of time denigrating a Muslim (which is what "gentleman" Louie does in a public fashion also).

Quote:
Just wanted you to know that I didn't even read all this - because I DO NOT CARE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.
In other news:
Law Blog comparing Paxton and Gohmert (basically making fun of both, and wishing Texas good luck between these two):
https://abovethelaw.com/2021/12/does...on-in-ag-race/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2021, 10:21 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,109,064 times
Not sure who I am going to vote for in the new election for AG. When I said I couldn't vote for him, it was as my representative because he is not my representative and hasn't been for several years now.

I did know you'd come back with the AG stuff by the way. But that election hasn't happened yet.

Old 12-10-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Not sure who I am going to vote for in the new election for AG. When I said I couldn't vote for him, it was as my representative because he is not my representative and hasn't been for several years now.

I did know you'd come back with the AG stuff by the way. But that election hasn't happened yet.
I did know you'd dodge and deflect like a politician by the way.

Most people debate elections prior to the election - based on the candidates stances for the position they are running for (which your "gentleman" Louie and "personal" friend has already started to publicize), and their known history, not after an election has happened.

Old 12-10-2021, 01:26 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,109,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilsn3r View Post
I did know you'd dodge and deflect like a politician by the way.

Most people debate elections prior to the election - based on the candidates stances for the position they are running for (which your "gentleman" Louie and "personal" friend has already started to publicize), and their known history, not after an election has happened.
LOL no dodge here - just explaining my position further - aka casting pearls before swine. I'm done here by the way. Vote or don't vote - doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Old 12-11-2021, 06:43 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,453,675 times
Quote:
LOL no dodge here - just explaining my position further - aka casting pearls before swine. I'm done here by the way. Vote or don't vote - doesn't matter to me one way or the other.
Look, you may like Gohmert. But the facts are pretty clear….he regularly makes repugnant, ignorant, and inappropriate statements. The fact that you like him doesn’t, to me, mean that you necessarily agree with all of his BS, but you should understand why people might not look favorably upon someone who characterizes him as a gentleman.

Old 12-12-2021, 12:01 AM

346 posts, read 648,662 times
With MTG, Boebert, and Gaetz on the loose, Louie Gohmert is probably too much a RINO moderate these days.

Old 12-12-2021, 09:01 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,456,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTexico76 View Post
With MTG, Boebert, and Gaetz on the loose, Louie Gohmert is probably too much a RINO moderate these days.

Most of the people who call themselves Republican these days who call others RINO have made it crystal clear that they themselves either have not one clue about true Republican values or care less and are simply co-opting the name to manipulate the masses. Making themselves the true RINO's.

Old 12-12-2021, 10:01 AM

1,085 posts, read 696,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Most of the people who call themselves Republican these days who call others RINO have made it crystal clear that they themselves either have not one clue about true Republican values or care less and are simply co-opting the name to manipulate the masses. Making themselves the true RINO's.
Yep. They’re really just fascists in sheep’s clothing. Their only goal is self preservation, repressing rights, opinions and values while lining their pockets with the contributions of undereducated scared bigots.

Old 12-13-2021, 09:14 AM

1,952 posts, read 833,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Rover View Post
Yep. They’re really just fascists in sheep’s clothing. Their only goal is self preservation, repressing rights, opinions and values while lining their pockets with the contributions of undereducated scared bigots.

Currently...what "rights" are being repressed? (remember...abortion is not a "right" as listed in the Bill of Rights)

All politicians are concerned with self preservation and line their pockets. The leader of the democrats is the poster child for this (Pelosi).

The ones in power are in favor of forced medical procedures, gun bans, censorship in media and having the govt run the energy and healthcare industries. If that is not fascist...I do not know what is!

Old 12-13-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Currently...what "rights" are being repressed? (remember...abortion is not a "right" as listed in the Bill of Rights)

All politicians are concerned with self preservation and line their pockets. The leader of the democrats is the poster child for this (Pelosi).

The ones in power are in favor of forced medical procedures, gun bans, censorship in media and having the govt run the energy and healthcare industries. If that is not fascist...I do not know what is!
To help you:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

https://www.britannica.com/topic/fas...r-developments

Also, what media censorship? Twitter? Meta? That's not part of the bill of rights and never has been or did you not know that? You have available for your reading/listening pleasure gab, gateway pundit, parlar, Qanon forums, etc. - other non-govt media companies. The CDA was passed in 1996 by a large majority vote. In 1996 the Republicans had about 30 seat majority in the House (led by Newt Gingrich), and 5 seat majority in the Senate (led by Trent Lott). Both parties were proponents for allowing non-govt media companies to have a terms of service that users must adhere to and if violated, they area allowed to remove the user and/or their posts. Is it because Gohmert, MTG, Gaetz or others you support are complaining about their posts being removed by a non-govt company that Pelosi (who is one of "The ones in power" and the Dem party are suddenly responsible?

Should it be ok to for Gateway pundit to dox the two GA election workers, who were shown to have not committed any election fraud, who then get numerous death threats and stalking from republican supporters? What has Pelosi or the Democrats or the govt done to limit gateway pundits blatantly false article (and repeated by Republicans)? Should the two ladies not sue gateway pundit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas