Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 05:31 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,392,560 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am a late 20's white man.I currently live in Midessa but I am hoping to move whenever i get my oil co off the ground.I am considering the Amarillo area cuz of the Route 66 culture/Waffle House and proximity to New Mexico and Colorado/Oklahoma and its somethin different.I hope to date college age women.How is the dating scene in the Amarillo/Canyon area?

Also, what is the cost of living like?I am church of Christ so dating Christian women is important to me.Some of my hobbies are going to church,going to football games,shooting,watching movies, eating out,hunting,fishing,camping, surfing the net and watching tv.Thanks in advance yall.

Last edited by C24L; 01-04-2018 at 05:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 07:38 AM

1,380 posts, read 1,451,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Hello,
Quote:
I am a late 20's
white man.I currently live in Midessa but I am hoping to move whenever i get my oil co off the ground.I am considering the Amarillo area cuz of the Route 66 culture/
Quote:
Waffle House
and proximity to New Mexico and Colorado/Oklahoma and its somethin different.
Quote:
I hope to date college age women.
How is the dating scene in the Amarillo/Canyon area?

Also, what is the cost of living like?I am church of Christ so dating Christian women is important to me.Some of my hobbies are going to church,going to football games,shooting,watching movies, eating out,hunting,fishing,camping, surfing the net and watching tv.Thanks in advance yall.
If I were you, I wouldn't advertise that I like Waffle House.
So, you're pushing 30 but want to date college chicks... Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-12-2018 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: Personal barb.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:55 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
If you actually own a successful oil company in the next couple years, in your late 20's, my guess is you will do well with college girls in Amarillo. If you're successful, go with it! Your interests, including Waffle House, seem very in line with the area culture.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
If you actually own a successful oil company in the next couple years, in your late 20's, my guess is you will do well with college girls in Amarillo. If you're successful, go with it! Your interests, including Waffle House, seem very in line with the area culture.
okay thanks very much ClaraC....we just have to find our first lease and i should be set after that.I appreciate it....does Amarillo have a bunch of young people?I know there's WTAMU in Canyon.Thanks again.

Old 01-06-2018, 01:26 PM

1,831 posts, read 1,433,845 times
Amarillo has extended so closely to Canyon along I-27 that it's difficult to tell when you're in one or the other. They're simply not that far apart (like Midland-Odessa).

As for college age women, there's WTAMU, Amarillo College, and a plethora of Texas Tech and Texas A&M students studying at the various medical schools in Amarillo.

The 20-something population is fairly large. 40% of the population age range is 18-44, most of that in the 18-30 something.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkay66 View Post
Amarillo has extended so closely to Canyon along I-27 that it's difficult to tell when you're in one or the other. They're simply not that far apart (like Midland-Odessa).

As for college age women, there's WTAMU, Amarillo College, and a plethora of Texas Tech and Texas A&M students studying at the various medical schools in Amarillo.

The 20-something population is fairly large. 40% of the population age range is 18-44, most of that in the 18-30 something.
Okay thanks very much for the info Arkay.I really appreciate it.I will keep this in mind.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:45 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,087,456 times

More data on Amarillo cost of living and more here: https://www.city-data.com/city/Amarillo-Texas.html

https://www.city-data.com/housing/hou...llo-Texas.html

Old 01-31-2018, 05:54 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,269,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
If I were you, I wouldn't advertise that I like Waffle House.
So, you're pushing 30 but want to date college chicks... Mod cut.
Waffle house is awesome. I wouldn't date a chick who thought she was too good for that fine establishment.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:21 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,503,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
Waffle house is awesome. I wouldn't date a chick who thought she was too good for that fine establishment.
Truth! I'm petsitting for a friend and I'm craving the WH across the road.

Oh, OP, date any legal adult you want!

Old 02-17-2018, 07:51 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,464,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
A female that thinks she's too good for a Waffle House is not cool. I haven't been to Waffle House as an adult, but I like women who are not snobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Hello, I am a late 20's white man.I currently live in Midessa but I am hoping to move whenever i get my oil co off the ground.I am considering the Amarillo area cuz of the Route 66 culture/Waffle House and proximity to New Mexico and Colorado/Oklahoma and its somethin different.I hope to date college age women.How is the dating scene in the Amarillo/Canyon area?

I don't see the point in you leaving Midland-Odessa for Amarillo. I don't see it as a real big upgrade. If you are going to move, make a more meaningful move.

You have some solid hobbies with hunting and fishing, but they are not supremely female friendly hobbies.

I could envision you meeting a woman through a church group, which you can do in mid-size cities.

At your age, you might want to expand from just college-aged women. Don't date older, but let's say you are 28. Dating only 18-22 limits your options, but dating 18-27 expands your pool and you are still dating younger women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas