Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2008, 07:25 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,628,329 times

Advertisements

Fellow Texans and visitors,

I want to apologize for the direction that the discussion on Confederate holidays in the state took yesterday. My original intention was -- in good faith -- to start a thread on a valid topic of state history and get varying opinions on the matter. However, there are always going to be some out there who can't fathom that reasonable people can disagree on controversial subjects. Instead, they reflexively assume that disagreement must be motivated by hate. Then, they call names, assign labels, and make unfounded accusations that cross the line into personal insult. One common denominator of the breed is that they are usually cowards who hide behind their computer screens when doing so...

Anyway, I responded to the said attacks in the way most honorable Texans would. I don't think I was entirely wrong in doing so. However, perhaps I should have been mature enough to just let it go, or made a flip remark to dismiss it with the contempt it deserved.

To that end, I made up my mind to try and ignore the person in question henseforth. Or to only speak through seconds or in a third person sense if absolutely necessary. There is no real benefit to be gained by pig wrestling, as we say in Texas. Even though, as can be seen, the same hateful and childish remarks about "Klan" membership is still being tossed around. However, I will try and be man enough, for the sake of harmony on the board, to refrain from stooping to the same level.

To sum it up, again, I apologize for anything I did that might have done to upset the forum and members. I just want to put my reasons for doing so in writing. And I am content to let the final judge of what was or was not justified be left to my fellow Texans.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:33 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,971,514 times
Apology excepted. ( I like how you try to disguise an insult as an apology - nice tactic.. I dont think the mods will be fooled though )

Try not to threaten anyone this time with physical harm, insult them by attacking their age or what you perceive to be mental age or intelligence, and try not to dismiss their thoughts on the subject because you don't agree. As for the coward remark.. funny how your sitting behind a PC screen as well.. insulting and making threats of violence.

Now I also would like to take this time to also Apologize for the disruption TexasReb and I caused by a debate on a raciest topic. He has still to this time and date refuted any of my claims and until he does so, will remain as I see him in my mind.

I am truly sorry you had to see both of us acting the fool. As we seem to still be doing today with these types of post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Fellow Texans and visitors,

I want to apologize for the direction that the discussion on Confederate holidays in the state took yesterday. My original intention was -- in good faith -- to start a thread on a valid topic of state history and get varying opinions on the matter. However, there are always going to be some out there who can't fathom that reasonable people can disagree on controversial subjects. Instead, they reflexively assume that disagreement must be motivated by hate. Then, they call names, assign labels, and make unfounded accusations that cross the line into personal insult. One common denominator of the breed is that they are usually cowards who hide behind their computer screens when doing so...

Anyway, I responded to the said attacks in the way most honorable Texans would. I don't think I was entirely wrong in doing so. However, perhaps I should have been mature enough to just let it go, or made a flip remark to dismiss it with the contempt it deserved.

To that end, I made up my mind to try and ignore the person in question henseforth. Or to only speak through seconds or in a third person sense if absolutely necessary. There is no real benefit to be gained by pig wrestling, as we say in Texas. Even though, as can be seen, the same hateful and childish remarks about "Klan" membership is still being tossed around. However, I will try and be man enough, for the sake of harmony on the board, to refrain from stooping to the same level.

To sum it up, again, I apologize for anything I did that might have done to upset the forum and members. I just want to put my reasons for doing so in writing. And I am content to let the final judge of what was or was not justified be left to my fellow Texans.
EDIT: This is not a popularity contest.. when will you get it though you thick head? It was judged that is why it was removed. And I suspect this shall be too.

Last edited by Muhnay; 03-09-2008 at 07:49 AM..

Old 03-09-2008, 09:33 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,288,487 times
Your fellow Texans will not be your final judges except on this forum, but I guess that's a topic for a religious thread.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:11 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,718,260 times
Reb, I sent you a pm. Muhnay, the first two words of that reply would have been sufficient. I second Canine Castle.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:20 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,971,514 times
Roses, If I was to insult you in the guise of an apology, would you not make note of it? And good for you sending Reb a message. What am I supposed to be all like WOW he has supporters, he is more popular than me.. boohoo.. not gonna happen.

I am Pagan (druid), by the way, I don't worry about your false god judging me.

And Roses he could of just said I am sorry with out all the little slaps in the face he tried to hide in his message. At least I took responsibility for our tiff in my apology above, did he? no.. So lets be fair.

Now I ask that you all let it go and let this die.. its silly and stupid and should not be given new life.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:38 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,182,816 times
Both of you have made attempts to apologize for the actions that led to the deletion of a thread last night. In the future, please feel free to discuss topics rationally without attacking the poster.

If you two cannot hold a decent conversation without insults, try putting the other on the ignore list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas