Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2008, 02:20 PM

9 posts, read 56,547 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the area soon and think we prefer Friendswood schools. But, we just aren't sure. I guess we won't be until our kids are there and experience it. We hear good things about Clear Lake and people who have kids there love it and wouldn't move but we hear the same about Friendswood. And what about the other Clear schools. Can anyone give us any information that might help us decide?! Daughter will be 9th grade and son will be 5th. We are thinking Friendswood because of size. We are coming from a school with graduating classes around 250.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 02:31 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times
I live in Friendswood and my children attend clear creek schools. We have been very happy with it. (4th-6th grade). Middle school is very large. I have heard nothing but good things regarding Friendswood schools. Due to the size of the town, Friendswood schools might be smaller as they aren't drawing from as a large of an area. I guess it would come down to where you decide to live. Sorry I can't offer more.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:19 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
I graduated from Clear Lake and as I remember, it was a very good school. But when I was there it was only one high school, and by the time my sister graduated there were almost 3 high schools. But still rated very highly. I went to Clear Lake High School, not Clear Brook or the other one.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:47 PM

12 posts, read 21,307 times
I see its been some time since your post, and I would like to know which school system did you all decide upon. We are hoping to relocate to either area and it basically depends on the schools since they both are very good based on the research I have done.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:58 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,270,957 times
They both have some of the best schools in the state. The Friendswood school district has a smaller, single high school that always rakes in academic accolades. Friendswood is a small, but affluent town. Clear Lake schools cover more territory - League City, part of Houston, part of Pasadena, even another high school in Friendswood, etc, so there are 4-5 gargantuan high schools in the Clear Lake school district. There is a higher than average amount of professionals living throughout Clear Lake, so most of the high schools are going to be top notch as these folks are going to demand the best education for their kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas