Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 06:50 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,582,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
More good news for skyscraper enthusiasts... A 41 story mixed use office/residential/retail tower, per Urbannizer over on HAIF..

[quote name="Urbannizer" post="445527" timestamp="1389556817"]

https://www.bidclerk.com/project/1528920.html

"Site work and new construction of a mixed-use building in Houston. Design plans call for the construction of a 815,000 square-foot, 41-story tower to house residential, office and retail space.."

Estimated Start Date: Wednesay, March 12th

Can someone shed more light on this project? Anyone subscribed to Bidclerk?
[/quote]

Dammit, can't edit that post anymore. Looks like it might of been a false alarm/typo in old info for 609 main.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:04 AM

That rumored 30 story residential tower for Montrose was proven recently to be a serious proposal. Variance signs were posted on the old 10 story building saying the site was planned for residential, and mentioning Hanover Montrose. And today Swamplot leaked the renderings of the building, along with many more details.

"The renderings show 20 floors of apartments on top of a double-height amenity deck, which sits on a parking garage that appears to have 7 levels. The development will extend the complete depth of the block, taking over 2 houses on Yoakum St."

Last edited by Debsi; 02-26-2014 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: removed copyrighted images

Old 01-14-2014, 11:07 AM

No other high rise buffs out there for any other cities besides Dallaz and JoninATX? i know there are lots of projects going on in the greater uptown area of Dallas, and downtown Austin has a handful under construction or planned.. lets see some of these proposals/construction pics!

Old 01-14-2014, 02:21 PM

67 posts, read 127,424 times
There are about a dozen highrises U/C in downtown Austin. The easiest thing to do is reference where most Austinites go to keep up on the projects:

Austin - SkyscraperPage Forum

Austin doesn't have as much going on as Houston, but I have never seen as much construction as is happening right now and that is saying something. It's pretty mind boggling considering Austin is a metro of 1.8 million people. I don't see Austin ever surpassing Houston or Dallas, too much to overcome unless both cities were stagnant in growth. I honestly don't want Austin to be that big either, 3.5 million sounds about right to me.

Last edited by mightyyoda; 01-14-2014 at 03:04 PM..

Old 01-14-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyyoda View Post
There are about a dozen highrises U/C in downtown Austin. The easiest thing to do is reference where most Austinites go to keep up on the projects:

Austin - SkyscraperPage Forum

Austin doesn't have as much going on as Houston, but I have never seen as much construction as is happening right now and that is saying something. It's pretty mind boggling considering Austin is a metro of 1.8 million people. I don't see Austin ever surpassing Houston or Dallas, too much to overcome unless both cities were stagnant in growth. I honestly don't want Austin to be that big either, 3.5 million sounds about right to me.
yeah i check SSP from time to time but wanted to make a thread here to discuss all of the projects going on around the state.
and you said about a dozen highrises u/c in downtown? damn.. that is impressive. i was in town a few months ago and noticed some cranes i would of only guessed like 3-4 projects. yeah Austin definitely wont ever surpass Houston or Dallas, but i dont want it to be that big either. it would lose whats left of its original ambiance, and the highway system cant even handle the current population..

Old 01-15-2014, 01:38 PM

some news from an insider about a couple towers proposed for uptown Houston..

"the perennial apartment/hotel and additional office component will likely break ground mid-2014. the curved building behind the gables is indeed the 2nd office building. It will be slightly larger and taller than the 1st and is all glass (at least the rendering i have seen). it should be well received."

The high rise to the left is the recently completely BBVA Compass building that was Phase 1 of this project. the 3 towers on the right are other towers currently existing.
The middle tower is the proposed Phase 2 Gables residential/hotel component, and the curved tower peeking out behind the left one is Phase 3, which will be an office building and break ground around the same time as Phase 2, in the middle of the year.

Last edited by Debsi; 02-26-2014 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: copyrighted image

Old 01-16-2014, 10:36 AM

67 posts, read 127,424 times
I like the design of many of the buildings going up/proposed in Houston.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:49 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,873,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
No other high rise buffs out there for any other cities besides Dallaz and JoninATX? i know there are lots of projects going on in the greater uptown area of Dallas, and downtown Austin has a handful under construction or planned.. lets see some of these proposals/construction pics!
Gosh I wish I could help, but Fort Worth has no skyscraper proposals outside of that 23 story tower. The Clear Fork development appears to be the next big project underway in Fort Worth.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:15 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,986,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Gosh I wish I could help, but Fort Worth has no skyscraper proposals outside of that 23 story tower. The Clear Fork development appears to be the next big project underway in Fort Worth.
23 story tower?

Old 01-16-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
a 23 story high rise is definitely a big deal for Ft Worth.. that would be in the top 10 tallest buildings in the city. i really hope they build it and downtown Ft Worth starts to revitalize itself.

JJG, here is a link for the 23 story residential tower thats phase 3 of the Trinity Terrace project.

"FORT WORTH — Trinity Terrace, a high-rise continuing-care retirement community on the western edge of downtown, is reviving its plans to add a third tower to its campus, which at 23 stories would be its tallest.
According to plans filed with the city, the new tower is expected to connect to the original Trinity Terrace Tower at several lower levels and again at the 17th level by a skywalk and will serve as the dining room for two towers.
The ground level of the proposed building will be Brownstone-style independent living units, with walk-up private entrances off 10th Street. The remaining floors will be a mix of independent and assisted living units, and some memory-care units. The top six floors will be penthouses."

Trinity Terrace may add a third residential tower | Local News | News from Fort Worth, D...

and here is an older PDF showing renderings of the project when it was a little shorter..
http://www.fortwortharchitecture.com...11-04-2008.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas