Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 08:20 AM

560 posts, read 1,715,244 times

Advertisements

Hi! I currently live in Albuquerque. I'm thinking of buying a house in Amarillo to use a rental for a couple of years, and then possibly to live in myself later on once I'm ready to leave New Mexico.

I've been looking at a neighborhood in Amarillo immediately south of the mall. I believe neighborhood is called Puckett or Puckett West? Specifically the neighborhood I'm looking is directly south of the mall, east of Soncy Rd, and north of W 34th. It seems like a like a pretty decent area and the homes are in my price range. I really like that it's so close to restaurants and shopping.

I would really, really appreciate any input or thoughts that anyone familiar with the area might have. Is the area nice? Stable? Going downhill? Improving? Etc. Being from out of state and not knowing anyone in the area makes it really tough for me to judge. Also, does anyone have a ballpark "guesstimates" as to what homes in this area could rent for?

Thanks so much for any help and information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 06:29 PM

751 posts, read 1,482,694 times
Can't give you more than hearsay info. The wife's cousin used to own a home (and live in it) in that very neighborhood, selling it several years ago to move out of the city. She claims the neighborhood was heading downhill, but it looks the same to me now as it did when she lived there. Matter of fact, was talking about this very subject today while driving past it.

Not much help there, I know.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,163 times
I've lived here all my life. This is indeed Puckett West. The homes were built in the 70's and 80's primarily. As newer neighborhoods have come along the neighborhood has aged with some homes now being rentals. As anywhere, upkeep depends on the owners. I would say this is still a desirable place to live, not at all rough, and generally well kept. Most homes are 1500-2000 sq. ft. and I would expect rentals in the $1100-$1400 range. Traffic on the main arteries surrounding the area can be difficult.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:56 AM

560 posts, read 1,715,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budrn View Post
I've lived here all my life. This is indeed Puckett West. The homes were built in the 70's and 80's primarily. As newer neighborhoods have come along the neighborhood has aged with some homes now being rentals. As anywhere, upkeep depends on the owners. I would say this is still a desirable place to live, not at all rough, and generally well kept. Most homes are 1500-2000 sq. ft. and I would expect rentals in the $1100-$1400 range. Traffic on the main arteries surrounding the area can be difficult.
Thank you very much for your input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: