Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 03:01 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,436,338 times

Advertisements

I haven't checked the data records, but my impression is that the occasional recurrences of cool weather in April are actually a return to the patterns I experienced as a kid (e.g., the 60s).

But then, I also have many memories of icicles hanging off the roof a few times every year during Houston winters. Haven't seen that for ages!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 06:09 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,358,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
It's you.
I'm fine with it being me, even if it does look silly. It's called standing up for what you think is right, never mind that all the ranting won't move the lunacy out of here. Yelling at slow drivers doesn't cause them to move, but plenty of people do it anyway.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:20 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,784,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrytxeast View Post
I'm fine with it being me, even if it does look silly. It's called standing up for what you think is right, never mind that all the ranting won't move the lunacy out of here. Yelling at slow drivers doesn't cause them to move, but plenty of people do it anyway.
How on earth is the WEATHER "right or wrong." It's inanimate - it can't be "right" (or "wrong"). It's not a moral issue - or one that you or anyone else on this forum has any ability to alter!

It's also just not that unusual to have the occasional cool spring.

A few years ago, it rained for ten days in a row in June - and my daughter was planning an outdoor rehearsal party for her wedding! Now THAT was something to have to deal with - trying to fit 30 people inside my house for dinner when they were supposed to be eating outside on picnic tables, under the stars and Japanese lanterns! Cool springs that entail wearing a light jacket in the evening? NOT A PROBLEM.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:57 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,983,479 times
Quote:
And "cussing" the weather and wishing for something else doesn't make it change, either.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:05 AM

587 posts, read 967,052 times
Now you've done it Larry. All your cussing has gotton the weather's attention, and now a cold blast is headed this way.

VIDEO: May Cold Blast Coming?

Old 04-28-2013, 10:42 AM

795 posts, read 1,595,835 times
We've been in the 80's pretty consistently as of late and I've been loving it. Had a really nice BBQ yesterday.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:33 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,436,321 times
Quote:
Human beings =/= the weather, Grampa Simpson. Clouds can't hear you.

"Standing up for what you think is right"? Who exactly is in the wrong?

Old 04-28-2013, 11:39 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,436,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midessan View Post
Now you've done it Larry. All your cussing has gotton the weather's attention, and now a cold blast is headed this way.

VIDEO: May Cold Blast Coming?
Well, that settles it. We're going to get broiled and flambéed this summer.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:03 PM

2,206 posts, read 4,775,827 times
Shaping up to be 2nd coldest spring in last 130 years.

Second Coldest Start To Spring In US History | Real Science

Long range forecasts for N Texas shows another set of mornings with lows in the low 40s to upper 30s by Thursday. This will bring late frosts to OK and KS and the Panhandle.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:23 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,358,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two4damoney View Post
We've been in the 80's pretty consistently as of late and I've been loving it. Had a really nice BBQ yesterday.
Yes I noticed that yesterday & today, and it's supposed to be that way up to Wednesday as well. On one hand I am loving it, and yet also, at the same time I've been saying ABOUT TIME!!!!

I am for NORMAL temperatures, as I've made clear, and yet even though today-Wednesday is about 5 degrees ABOVE normal daytime, and 4-7 degrees or so above normal in terms of the lows, I say "good" we sure deserve it after what has been perhaps the stupidest and most outrageous period of weather I think I've ever seen. The only one that compares was May-July 2007 when it rained & rained & rained to the point of breaking all-time records all 3 months (if I have my numbers right).

I'm not one prone to sitting around wishing I would hit it big money-wise and win, say, $10 million or so, but there is one main thing that does sort of make wish I did, and this is the very thing. To wit: anytime the weather got this way, I'd find somewhere else it wasn't doing that, go there, and not return home until it stopped. Even if I was conducting business, I'd suspend it all until I returned, unless they were willing to communicate via phone calls/Internet etc. Also, my property would consist of something like the Biosphere 2 in Tucson AZ (Biosphere 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), an artificially created earth ecosystem, where oceans, rainforests etc are recreated in a dome that is pretty much immune to whatever is going on outside (unless it was something dramatic enough that would wipe out the earth anyway). The one I owned would recreate the conditions I like--sunny (I guess they do it with sunlamps?), absolutely ZERO clouds, 85'F or so, zero wind whatsoever, no rain no stupid "wild swings" in the weather. Whenever conditions around here were being just downright stupid, I'd spend practically all my time in there possible as a big "up yours" to the outdoor climate.

For now, except for an upcoming 2 day period of stupidity (Thursday/Friday apparently) the FREE climate, the natural one, will finally be making some sense, so I'm just going to do like I did 2 weeks ago--soak it up for all it's worth, fill up on it, pack it in, stock up the experiences.

Frankly--if we have a brutal summer, so be it. It would serve things right for how stupidly cold it's been this year. Just like my friend who likes cooler weather, lives in the mountains where that's the going rate, and gets mad if it's warm enough in December to wear shorts, when there's a huge blizzard to basically remind everyone "now THAT is what winter is and should be" he says "right on, serves those people right for acting like it was a good thing for it to be that warm in December around here." The same goes here when it's hot as heck here--that's what you get for LIKING this stupid cold weather in late April when it's not SUPPOSED to be that way.

And yes--the normals say it's supposed to be 78 or 80 this time of the year, and I say the averages are in fact NORMALS and what you can reasonable EXPECT, and to me, that makes it so, I don't care if 80 billion years of climate behavior say otherwise, they're WRONG. It should be like math--2 + 5 is ALWAYS 7, it's that cut & dry, always & forever.

Like I said, everyone has their opinion of the weather, even though absolutely none of us can change anything about it at all. If they can rant & state what they like & so forth, so can I--and will. We all have our opinions, stating them, however silly they may be to other people, is harmless, and just our way of not just stating what we believe, but also functioning as a therapeutic outlet for things we wish we could control but can't.

LRH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas