Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2007, 04:08 AM

37 posts, read 440,358 times

Advertisements

We're thinking about moving to Kempner, heard it was a good area as far as crime rates, low taxes and more house and land for your money than Harker Heights, Belton etc.
Anyone from Kempner who can tell me a little about the living there? Did you grow up there or move there? Good place for kids to grow up? I got an elementary student and upcoming High school student.
I come from a really small town (population under 400) and hated it in my teenage years because there wasn't much to do and you couldn't get out without a ride. But that's EXACTLY what I want for my kids .
Is there anything like restaurants/shops/bakeries or would one have to go to Copperas Cove or Lampasas for that?
Where can the kids join youth sports there? Football/Basketball etc.?
Any horselovers? English riding or western lessons anywhere nearby?
Any info would be greatly appreciated since we're trying to learn a little more about the place and getting to know some people from there wouldn't be bad either
TIA for your input
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 08:22 PM

30 posts, read 126,731 times
Please feel free to private email me for more info. We have lived here a year now just for those VERY reasons, LOL. I love the small town feel of kempner, and the Lampasas school shave been great for teaching them that school IS important. There are several sports & club activities. I have seen many folks advertising horse trails & lessons prices etc.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:45 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,387,648 times
i live 5 minutes from Kempner and aint much there but sure is nice and quiet! highly recommend it! beautiful scenery. cute little german restaurant and also little bbq joint in town. the one thing i have learned by observation is you DONT speed thru Kempner. that cop pulls over lots of folks!

Old 12-12-2007, 06:28 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,716,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
...the one thing i have learned by observation is you DONT speed thru Kempner. that cop pulls over lots of folks!

Isn't this the case with any small town in Texas?

Old 12-12-2007, 08:08 AM

870 posts, read 3,083,575 times
Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
i live 5 minutes from Kempner and aint much there but sure is nice and quiet! highly recommend it! beautiful scenery. cute little german restaurant and also little bbq joint in town. the one thing i have learned by observation is you DONT speed thru Kempner. that cop pulls over lots of folks!
Sounds like Kempner hasn't changed much in the last 20-25 years! That little German Restaurant was well established back in the mid 80's!! (And delicious!) It was also a known "speed trap"! My kids loved going to school in Lampasas. We moved there from Austin, so it was quite a change of pace. Lots of wide, open spaces... If I hadn't found SW MO, I would propbably still be there! Good luck on your re-location!

Old 12-12-2007, 08:11 AM

Sounds like I was right with my 'assumptions' (due to lots of research) about Kempner...
I like how you said "that cop".... does that mean there IS only ONE cop in Kempner ?? LOL
small town, huh?

Old 12-12-2007, 05:44 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,387,648 times
dont even think they have their own police dept. i think it's the state trooper who scouts that area of 190.
kempner is so small, ya have to take turns being the town drunk, i guarantee ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas2008 View Post
Sounds like I was right with my 'assumptions' (due to lots of research) about Kempner...
I like how you said "that cop".... does that mean there IS only ONE cop in Kempner ?? LOL
small town, huh?

Old 12-12-2007, 09:23 PM

He is "the force"..LOL. I had heard he has a new part time deputy now. But yes- watch that area near the German place.. he has fun there for sure. (think it's validation of his job??)

Old 02-06-2008, 02:09 PM

We saw him LOL...

got everything done... house is 'in the making'...
unfortunately I caught the worst cold the last two days in TX... flew back with cough, sneezing, headache, fever,... the whole program... half the plane was sick...
then I got heartburn for a week after recovering from the cold... and today I woke up with a bronchitis...
this has been my past 2 weeks since coming home...
hopefully this will pass soon and I can concentrate on the move

Old 02-06-2008, 02:15 PM

Hope you recover soon! Maybe we can meet up at the Brick Oven when you get here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas