Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Underrated City in East Texas
Longview 12 26.67%
Lufkin 10 22.22%
Nacogdoches 8 17.78%
Tyler 15 33.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 11:57 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,091,382 times

Advertisements

Deal, if I don't need to correct you when you just don't have the FACTS correct, like what was the case when you came up with traffic counts in Lufkin, which we needed to correct you and you could not respond to that anymore.

I will only post new or newer stuff when someone else asks about Tyler, as they often do and I among many other have correct information to offer them, deal.

You know it's not praising when I post information about new construction or the Blue Man National Touring Group coming to Tyler May 2, and May 3 for three performance.

If you talked about new construction accurately, that type of true information is not bragging at all, go for it. You know, wouldn't you want to post about Nac being ranked number 1, 2, 3 nationaly in something important? Deal? I Hope so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 06:42 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,041,289 times
Dee, it's one thing for someone to praise their own city - but what you are doing is continually talking SMACK about where others live - not simply praising your own city. I don't know why you can't tell that every regular on this forum is sick of that superiority attitude. But even worse, you have your facts wrong SO many times. Honestly, it's sometimes almost painful to watch you in action - not because you're RIGHT, but because you are so wrong, and so weirdly adamant about it.

We GET IT - you love Nac/Lufkin. That's FANTASTIC. So happy that you're happy where you live. But your demeanor is insulting and you can't seem to talk about your area without putting other areas down, in some strange sort of competition that exists only in your own mind. Tyler isn't trying to compete with Nac or Lufkin. It's just not.

Please - can you drop this line of conversation?

Old 04-29-2013, 12:38 AM

577 posts, read 513,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Dee, it's one thing for someone to praise their own city - but what you are doing is continually talking SMACK about where others live - not simply praising your own city. I don't know why you can't tell that every regular on this forum is sick of that superiority attitude. But even worse, you have your facts wrong SO many times. Honestly, it's sometimes almost painful to watch you in action - not because you're RIGHT, but because you are so wrong, and so weirdly adamant about it.

We GET IT - you love Nac/Lufkin. That's FANTASTIC. So happy that you're happy where you live. But your demeanor is insulting and you can't seem to talk about your area without putting other areas down, in some strange sort of competition that exists only in your own mind. Tyler isn't trying to compete with Nac or Lufkin. It's just not.

Please - can you drop this line of conversation?
I'll give you some rep for trying to get through to a certain someone, for what it's worth.

Old 01-28-2015, 03:05 PM

3 posts, read 2,552 times
So where could a new England girl hang her hat in Texas to retire? Not interested in big city life, a smallish community of say 25,000 or so. I love farms and horses,dogs,shopping and beer, oh and music!

Old 01-31-2015, 11:56 AM

4,393 posts, read 4,635,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Betsy View Post
So where could a new England girl hang her hat in Texas to retire? Not interested in big city life, a smallish community of say 25,000 or so. I love farms and horses,dogs,shopping and beer, oh and music!
25,000? You can look into Marshall,Lufkin, or Nacogdoches all have a population around or a little above 25,000. Farms,horses on the outskirts of these small cities. Marshall is 30 mins from Shreveport,LA and 20 mins from Longview,TX which are bigger and have more variety of shopping but Marshall has it's fair share of shopping options. Also it is the birthplace of boogie woogie so there's not a lack of music in small city. You should really check into that.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:06 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,041,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
25,000? You can look into Marshall,Lufkin, or Nacogdoches all have a population around or a little above 25,000. Farms,horses on the outskirts of these small cities. Marshall is 30 mins from Shreveport,LA and 20 mins from Longview,TX which are bigger and have more variety of shopping but Marshall has it's fair share of shopping options. Also it is the birthplace of boogie woogie so there's not a lack of music in small city. You should really check into that.
And Marshall also has a low COL and some surprisingly affordable real estate.

The land just north of and between Longview and Marshall is really beautiful too.

The poster could live on the outskirts of Longview, Marshall, or Tyler in northeast Texas in any number of smaller towns as well, for a more rural feel.

One more area I'd check out would be the Jefferson/Caddo Lake area north of these towns. My aunt and uncle recently bought a really neat place right on Caddo Lake for a reasonable price.

Old 02-16-2017, 12:12 AM

7 posts, read 4,751 times
Default You exaggerated Lufkin population a tad bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
I would say that Longview is over shadow by Tyler which doesn't make sense to me.Longview have all the quality of life and living as well as Tyler but people think that Tyler is the top dog.Longview offer alot of retailers that you won't find in Tyler and the same goes for Tyler.Longview is just as important to Northeast Texas as Tyler is.Both city malls feature different stores and both malls have good shopping.
Nacogdoches is also a city that is over shadow by Lufkin because alot of the business district is heavily
concentrated in the inner city then on the travelers route US 59 future to be I69.Nacogdoches and Lufkin are both opposite,in Nacogdoches you have a major universty Stephen F.Austin and natural trails that cover the city and side walks that cover most the city then basically any city mention.The city is consider the hilly city of east texas because the downtown sets in a valley.If you are coming in east of downtown or west of downtown you will be a quater of a mile up in the sky dazing at the lighting of downtown and surrouding business and homes.Lufkin has a slight edge on shopping with more of a conservative environment.Lufkin has wonderful highway system that compells to a city of over 50,000 and Lufkin and Nacogdoches both have national chain resturants and retail you won't find in Tyler or Longview and the same goes for them.To Sum this up Nacogdoches and Longview are the under dogs with Tyler taking all the credit for want to be the only major hub of east texas but don't have all the qualitys to claim it.
The population of Lufkin is 36,085 the only cities in East Texas with a population of over 50,000 are Tyler and Longview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas