Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 09:18 AM

4 posts, read 16,533 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am a raw fooder (living of fresh fruit and veggies, nuts, etc....healed lots of stuff through that and am full of energy now ...), organize raw food days, classes, camps, etc. and am looking for places to get good quality fresh ripe foods... Do you know of anything around Kempner, Lampasas, Killeen, Copperas Cove??

Thanks for your help!
Sonja

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 09-28-2007 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: link removed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 07:00 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,389,039 times
in the land of bbq and steaks? might be difficult!

Old 09-28-2007, 07:13 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,519,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawfoodgirl View Post
Hi,

I am a raw fooder (living of fresh fruit and veggies, nuts, etc....healed lots of stuff through that and am full of energy now ...), organize raw food days, classes, camps, etc. and am looking for places to get good quality fresh ripe foods... Do you know of anything around Kempner, Lampasas, Killeen, Copperas Cove??

Thanks for your help!
Sonja
Go try & offer Soldiers some cantaloupe & sushi Ain't gonna happen. Not going to find anything of that sort in Killeen or Cove. You'll find McDonalds, Burger King, Lone Star Steak House, Texas Road & Cattle, Hooters & Logans to name a few....

There is Buffett Palace though that offers fresh Asian foods in Killeen.

That is just not the area for raw food...sorry....

Old 09-28-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Thank you...

I am sooo glad I still found an organic farm with fresh veggies and a some supermarkets that actually sell fruits and veggies...even some organic!! Wow...and that in the land of bbq and steaks!! I love it!

Old 09-28-2007, 08:26 PM

364 posts, read 1,421,705 times
Temple and Belton have a Farmers Market. Killeen/CCove might have one. That may be as close as you get.

Best of luck.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:16 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,021,934 times
You could always grow your own. Plant a pecan tree and put in a vegetable garden. Now that the weather's settled down, I'm getting lovely tomatoes, peppers and herbs in my little garden.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:41 AM

Thank you...yes, I tried that...but wasn't very successful yet. I will work on it ...

Old 11-25-2007, 07:34 AM

1,488 posts, read 5,241,570 times
Default Growing your own........

Glad you found a source for your food. I eat kinda 'different' myself and it's not always easy.

We grow a lot of our own food in our back yard.....thought I'd share a website that has some great info and inspiration for growing food without soil......my husband has been vey successful doing something similar to what this man on the website is - on a much smaller, humbler scale, of course. It certainly makes it easier to eat right.

Gardeningrevolution

Old 04-22-2008, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,748 times
Arrow Fresh, organically and sustainably grown veggies

I just ran across this post. We recently (January) purchased a 4 acre farm and produce store in Kempner. We aren't "open" yet, but we have a few things available. We're right on 190 on the left hand side (if you're coming from Cove) just after the Shell station. Once we're open we'll stock our own (non-certified) organically grown produce as well as other locally grown (both conventional and organic) produce, raw local honey, farm fresh eggs (our own), herbs, etc.

Right now we have spring mix salad, baby spinach, and eggs. Maybe a few peas (if the kids don't eat them all while picking) and some baby bok choi. We're not "open" regularly yet for a few more weeks, but we were planning on setting the kids up with a table in our parking lot to sell what items we have on Saturdays from 10-4, so you're welcome to stop by.

You can check out the website - Home Page or the blog - blog.greenervisionfarms.com to keep up to date.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:42 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,389,039 times
VERY COOL! i am less than 5 minutes drive from you! Will DEFINITELY stop by!!!!
p.s. has anyone familiar with Kempner heard when Chili's BBQ and Burgers is opening? i see them buildingit slowly. looks like a small shack. surely just take out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenerVisionFarms View Post
I just ran across this post. We recently (January) purchased a 4 acre farm and produce store in Kempner. We aren't "open" yet, but we have a few things available. We're right on 190 on the left hand side (if you're coming from Cove) just after the Shell station. Once we're open we'll stock our own (non-certified) organically grown produce as well as other locally grown (both conventional and organic) produce, raw local honey, farm fresh eggs (our own), herbs, etc.

Right now we have spring mix salad, baby spinach, and eggs. Maybe a few peas (if the kids don't eat them all while picking) and some baby bok choi. We're not "open" regularly yet for a few more weeks, but we were planning on setting the kids up with a table in our parking lot to sell what items we have on Saturdays from 10-4, so you're welcome to stop by.

You can check out the website - Home Page or the blog - blog.greenervisionfarms.com to keep up to date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas