Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 PM

14 posts, read 71,173 times

Advertisements

Hello all!

I am in Houston, but moving to Temple Texas, and I have a few questions if anyone out there can answer them for me that would be great!

We have been looking for places to live, and noticed that it is cheaper to rent duplexes than apartments. Is that pretty normal there? We are looking for a two bedroom in the $600-$800 range, and the apartments that are in that price range are pretty old and really small. We want to stay close to S&W, but Belton looks okay too. Plus, it seems kinda hard to find washers and dryers in the apartment. We could but our own washer and dryer, but we do not want to buy stackables, and it looks as thought some of the apartments only have room for those. I noticed on another thread that Charter residential was supposed to be a good management company, but the thread was kind of old. I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with them, or with another company/realtor. Sorry for the long post, and I appreciate anyone's help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 10:23 AM

74 posts, read 238,003 times
as far as stackable washer dryer, you should be able to rent those for about $20-30 per month, I would ask the apartments your looking at. Belton is a nicer area then Temple, but more expensive too. If you find a good deal on a duplex then just do that, it's more private than apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas