Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 04:33 PM

7 posts, read 18,397 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know which Electric company is the best to go with? They have a few different ones. I am coming from out of state and moving here in the next 2 weeks. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 05:44 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,031,285 times
I've been with TXU Energy for the past couple of years and so far I've been very pleased with their rates and customer service. I've had some bad experiences with WTU and their customer service is bad too so I would avoid them.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:36 PM

7 posts, read 18,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
I've been with TXU Energy for the past couple of years and so far I've been very pleased with their rates and customer service. I've had some bad experiences with WTU and their customer service is bad too so I would avoid them.
I went ahead with tri eagle energy.. They had the best rates.. between like the 3 i had seen. Have you heard of them?

Old 05-27-2011, 09:09 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,031,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea8586 View Post
I went ahead with tri eagle energy.. They had the best rates.. between like the 3 i had seen. Have you heard of them?
I haven't heard of Tri Eagle. I hope they will give you good service. If not, you can always switch to another provider later on if you want to. If you decide to change providers again be sure to check all the provisions of your electric service contract. I assume that you agreed to a contract for a specified number of months in order to get a lower rate. Most companies require that and they usually have early cancellation fees if you change your service before the end of the contract term. Some providers also have hidden fees. For example, some providers charge extra fees when you keep the same contract but simply move to another address.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,417 times
I have also heard that TXU is one of the quickest hook-up and cheapest rate electricity providers in Abilene. I am about to move there and I am going to try TXU on advice from a local property manager. Guess I'll see how it goes. Also, I was told that WTU has higher rates than most.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:58 AM

6 posts, read 14,166 times
what is the base rates of the companies. I want to know the single most important thing and that is how much are they going to charge if one uses zero i mean 0 kw hours. One very dispicable provider is infinite energy - they had the nerve to charge me $23 for NO electric use - highway robbery ! CAn anyone post those which have NO monthly fees if one uses NO electricity ? Or the lowest if they all do.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:59 AM

6 posts, read 14,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea8586 View Post
Does anyone know which Electric company is the best to go with? They have a few different ones. I am coming from out of state and moving here in the next 2 weeks. Thanks so much.

DO not choose infiniteenergy - they are real rip-off's - had the nerve to charge me $23 for no electric use at all !!

Old 06-03-2013, 11:45 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Visit the Power to Choose website. You can enter a local zip code - typically for Abilene 79605. You'll get a result for electric companies from which to choose. Those results include..

Retail Electric Provider
Avg. Price/kWh
Cost per 1,000 kWh
Rate Type (Variable/Fixed)
Renewable Energy Content
Term (Mo.)
Cancellation Fee

Spend some time to look around, change the variables. By clicking on 'Promotional Offers', I found a result with 1 month contract and NO cancellation fee. The rate may go up but with no contract you have the 'Power to Choose' something else.

Be sure to call the company before signing up, for clarification on any questions you may have.

Good luck...

Old 10-14-2014, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,571 times
If you are moving to Texas you must know that a lot of cities are energy deregulated ([url=http://electricityexpress.com/about-us/]About Electricity Express: Low Cost Power for Texas[/url]) you can choose your electric provider, now, there is a lot to know who might suit your needs or who is the best. You can learn about prepaid services and control you energy, I use it and it's very convenient for me. Go to electricityexpress.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: