Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2010, 02:52 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,372,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Gov. Rick Perry announced the state is investing $1.56 million through the Texas Enterprise Fund (TEF) in BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), a leading global medical technology company, for the creation of its global professional services headquarters in San Antonio. This investment will create 296 jobs and generate an estimated $6.35 million in capital investment.

“Texas continues to attract Fortune 500 companies and jobs thanks to our low taxes, reasonable and predictable regulatory environment, skilled workforce, and investments from the Texas Enterprise Fund,” Gov. Perry said. “BD’s new facility will not only result in more growth for Texas’ thriving biomedical industry, but it will attract hundreds of jobs and millions of dollars in capital investment to San Antonio.”

BD develops, manufactures and sells medical devices, instrument systems and reagents. The company is focused on improving drug delivery, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases and cancers, and advancing research, discovery and production of new drugs and vaccines.
TexasWideOpenForBusiness.com Texas Economic Development: Gov. Perry Announces Fortune 500 Company to Create Nearly 300 Jobs in San Antonio

You can criticize Gov Perry about social things (I'm not agree with him about that) but economically he's really good, he creates so many jobs in Texas during an economic crisis, no wonder why Texas is the leader in jobs creation If other governors were like that, and the US government too, the US economy would be so much better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 01:51 AM

927 posts, read 1,390,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
TexasWideOpenForBusiness.com Texas Economic Development: Gov. Perry Announces Fortune 500 Company to Create Nearly 300 Jobs in San Antonio

You can criticize Gov Perry about social things (I'm not agree with him about that) but economically he's really good, he creates so many jobs in Texas during an economic crisis, no wonder why Texas is the leader in jobs creation If other governors were like that, and the US government too, the US economy would be so much better
I agree. The San Antonio area in particular has reaped thousands of new jobs during Perry's tenure as Governor. Now if we can only get him to bring an NFL team to San Antonio. That would be the icing on the cake.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:51 PM

4 posts, read 9,624 times
Does anyone know know where in San Antonio this Becton Dickinson company is located?

Old 11-11-2010, 09:03 PM

543 posts, read 1,382,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post

You know that a $25 billion dollar budget deficit is not a social issue but an economic one right? Well it's not a social issue until they start cutting the already meager social services to the bone anyway.

Old 11-12-2010, 05:21 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
I have a question for the originator of this thread.

Have you ever been to Texas ? Have you ever even been to the USA ?

Old 11-12-2010, 04:48 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Gotta love the "Government investing.... to create private jobs"
Our tax money at work.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:00 PM

59 posts, read 49,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
I have a question for the originator of this thread.

Have you ever been to Texas ? Have you ever even been to the USA ?
I think he said he went to CA once

Old 11-13-2010, 09:26 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
I could be wrong, I haven't read every thread here, but our French friend seems to have disappeared since Perry was re-elected.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:42 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
So what I'd like to know is why he is such a Perry fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: