Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2007, 07:44 AM

52 posts, read 286,875 times

Advertisements

I see there are lots for sale around this golf course. Does anyone know this area?

I am not thrilled about a "Gated" community but like the idea of being on a golf course and near the lake. I would be building a 2000 sq. ft. ranch (the minimum) with 2 car attached garage plus seperate 2 car garage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 09:35 AM

130 posts, read 475,291 times
it is out in the middle of nowhere, but the golf course is beautiful! what are the homesite going for out there? are they selling homes? if so, what do they go for? we bought in Hawks Bluff and could not love the area any better. we are 8 miles from Fall Creek State Park. beautiful. let me know if you wuld like more info on HB.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:54 AM

52 posts, read 286,875 times
the 2 lots I saw were going for $90k across the street from the golf course and $50k away from the course. Both were just over an acre in size. There were more but the prices really start to climb with the added acreage.

I would have to drive to Cookeville for work, to highway 111 and interstate 40. I think this is about a 30-40 minute ride taking 70 over to 111 then north. The idea of being in the middle of nowhere has be bothered, the wife like being close to shopping, restaurants and such. If all goes well, I will be coming down to Cookeville in a few weeks to look at this area and some other houses.

HB looks nice but does not offer the golfing, one of the main reasons we would be looking at the Riverwatch area.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Hawks Bluff

the sate park is down the street, and is equally beautiful golfing. my husband and i are golfers as well, but dont need to live on a golf course. living on a golf course in a gated community equals large HOA fees and assessments! good luck to you whatever you decide!

Old 03-20-2007, 10:55 AM

13,354 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brax View Post
I see there are lots for sale around this golf course. Does anyone know this area?

I am not thrilled about a "Gated" community but like the idea of being on a golf course and near the lake. I would be building a 2000 sq. ft. ranch (the minimum) with 2 car attached garage plus seperate 2 car garage.
Brax, since you want to be on a golf course, near a lake, not in a gated community, and near your job in Cookeville, have you considered Southern Hills? It's a golf course just SW of Cookeville off Burgess Falls Road. It's just a few miles from Center Hill Lake, specifically the Cookeville Boat Dock which has a marina and a floating restaurant (great catfish).

Old 03-20-2007, 07:54 PM

177 posts, read 898,814 times
Mary, you bought in Hawks Bluff and call RiverWatch the middle of nowhere??????????????????????????????????????????? ???
I have furnished material for most of the houses in RiverWatch. It is now Mountian Harbor. It is not a "Gated" community. There a few gates in the road, but never shut. If you have a real gated community you have to maintain the roads, if not the county dose it. If you have questions--------ask

Old 03-21-2007, 01:48 PM

Default riverwatch

rescue, I guess you have a point. I guess because we are close are close to HWY 111 and dont have to stare at cows for 45 minutes straight... that what i remember about the drive to the golf course!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee