Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 07:48 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,331,088 times

Advertisements

Isn't it amazing?! One week, from 10 inches of snow to working out in the yard in the spring sunshine. All I can say is "Welcome to TN!" LOL!
Those pictures of the snow look like gallery paintings! Just beautiful.
Thanks for the update.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:43 AM

182 posts, read 780,432 times
more pix for my l&M art gallery ..thanks Lisa . .
just beautiful ..
im loving the spring here in w/tenn .. supposed to be near 80 tomorrow .. i was out all this am planting pansies .. filling up all those empty planters from last yr.. the front porch looks w onderful right now .. it was so great just sitting out there last nite and again tonight ..
so glad that winter is over ... tho wed-the weekend d oesn't sound very spring-like to me ..
but i'l l weather thru . . (pun intended)

have a great week . . d on't work too hard .. tho i doubt you two think of it as 'hard' work . .
take care . .. see ya next mon . .
Jeanne

Old 03-10-2009, 09:49 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,618,001 times
Lisa, As always you provide us fellow members with awe inspiring pictures of your beautiful place. You know you should submit your views to Country magazine, I'm sure you could win something. I love the view from your place with snow on the ground the best. You guys are such a busy bunch.

Keep up the hard-work and don't stop snapping pictures of that beautiful view.

Josh

Old 03-10-2009, 03:05 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,409,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
Hey it's Monday Lisa! I have to leave in less than 15 minutes. Do I have to go all day without seeing your update?
Sorry about that, lol. I forgot how long it takes me to post when I have something to say along with pictures.

jamac- Welcome and thank you for posting.

Pam- Ha, ha. You should see some of my clothes. They are doozies. I just can't throw them out because you never know what Mike and I might end up doing. I feel really rough when Howard, who is an old time farmer, comes over and he is neater and cleaner than me, lol.

KatS- I am so proud that you were inspired enough by our story to do your own DIY. So, how is the kitchen remodel going? I bet it makes you feel great just doing the work yourself.

Kat- The spring is at the bottom of the hill and the creek is just below that and runs past the barn, out to the main road, and connects to a larger creek. I guess it is about 1/4 mile from the house- maybe not that far.

We will start on the deck after we fix the concrete block in front of the house. It's ashame we never knew anyone who did a berm house "before" we did. We would have poured "wings" the same time our walls and foundation were done. There is too much pressure on the top block so Mike and I think we are going to have to have concrete "poured" when it is dry. After that we will build a wood deck. We thought of doing a composite deck but we have a lot of costs again this year so we will use wood. And lots of plants. Can't wait to start landscaping.

Thanks for the compliment. Only 5-10 more pounds. Probably 5, Mike doesn't like me too thin. Lucky me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I think we all should give Mike a WTG for getting her away from behind the camera and getting her out in front of it! lol All the work is looking good!

I have to remind him. I feel like a nag. I'll be working and I yell "take a picture" and then he takes one where I look grumpy.

mb- You got the weather right. The weather forecasters can't even figure out the mountains.

JEANNE61- I'm glad you liked the picture. I am also very envious that you started planting. Good for you.

Josh- Thanks, now I'll have to check Country Magazine.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:08 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,299,353 times
Nag!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 06:25 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,409,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Nag!!!!!!!
Yeah that sounds like me, ha, ha.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:29 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,956,349 times
Oh I was only foolin with ya about the wait! Your updates are always welcome no matter what time!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 06:36 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,352,118 times
Lisa,
Geez, come on admit it.....you like being comfortable in old work clothes. Think of the freedom from dress clothes and always looking polished.
Pam

Old 03-10-2009, 06:47 PM

315 posts, read 1,006,774 times
Hi Lisa and Mike, Thanks for the new screen savers. Those pics are gorgeous! I'm glad the weather is getting nice up there so you can get outside and work. I can't wait for the garden pics. By the way you look pretty well dressed up to me, you should see what I look like working outside. It is really scary. LOL

Old 03-10-2009, 07:13 PM

275 posts, read 1,125,663 times
did you get the wind generator poles fixed?
I was thinking about a old telephone pole. you might be able to get one cheap.
they should hold up well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee