Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2008, 04:47 PM

25 posts, read 54,952 times

Advertisements

elementary, middle and high school got good marks on the greatschools.com website. I'd like to hear what the community around those schools is like, we are coming to the area in a couple of weeks and would like to check out that area and also the Williamson county area. There is the possiblity of dh working in Murfressboro and we're like to keep his commute down as much as possible. Great schools are at the top of the list for where we settle. Also the family friendly/safe neighborhoods is at the top. Then there is the commute.

Any info would be great! Thanks! I know I keep asking, but now we have a better idea of location (Bridgestone has narrowed down their choice to Murfreesboro or Akron), so now we can focus on learning more about one general area, versus all of middle tennessee!! lol Thanks for tolerating me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 05:07 PM

764 posts, read 2,552,442 times
Hey there! My husband currently works at Bridgestone at the corporate office. We're in Murfreesboro and are keeping our fingers crossed for having the tech center relocate here. As it is now, hubby travels to Akron quite often - he's in IT - and I'd love to have him home more. Plus, we're about 7 miles from the proposed tech center location so his commute time would be greatly reduced from the current 35 - 45 minutes it takes for him to get downtown to about 15 minutes.
Blackman schools are great but because it is such a wonderful place to live, the population in the area is booming and the schools are overcrowded. The M'boro tech center location is also very convenient to the Siegel area and the schools there are excellent as well. I think you'd be happy in either location with both the schools and available neighborhoods.
Williamson schools are wonderful, too, but you'd have a much longer commute. I live on the outskirts of the Blackman community and it takes me 35 minutes to get to the Cool Springs Mall in Williamson County. Home prices are much higher, as well.
If you want, PM me and I'll forward a link where you can search the MLS by school zones so you can get a better idea of what's available.

Old 06-06-2008, 06:36 PM

25 posts, read 54,952 times
Thank you Mary! I sent you a DM!

Any information you have would be great! Anywhere around the area is open for us, obviously still in the "just looking" stage until we know further.

Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee