Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2022, 03:25 PM

70 posts, read 74,969 times

Advertisements

My husband and I was thinking about booking a week long in Tennessee somewhere for Christmas next year and possibly treat my parents as well. So it would be 2 to 4 adults only.

So I am open for suggestions on handful places to stay/visit for a whole week during Christmas. Looking possibly going down December 23rd 2023 leaving Sat Dec 30th. Earliest Friday Dec 29th.

I know many will suggest Gatlinburg which we are game for. My parents likes attractions, shopping etc, they like walking trails but no hiking trails will enjoy mountain view if we can drive up and park to see the over look. So we are open for other nice places that will have Christmas spirit, attractions etc, Also if it would be just for my husband and I we would want a nice Christmas spirit romantic getaway, we like trails, mountain view, some hiking etc.

So give me both ideas. I threw that idea to my husband few days ago out of the blue. Christmas has changed a lot over the years, since my grandfather passed in 97 and my gma has been in a nursing home about 4 years now so Christmas in Pittsburgh has been different families spread out. So I thought why not have Christmas somewhere instead with just me and hubby possibly treat my parents too if they want to go.

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2022, 07:28 PM

9,718 posts, read 9,474,512 times
Chattanooga is great time to visit during Christmas. There are several attractions that are family friendly and nice to see. Here are a few during dates you mentioned next year.

Rock City: Walkable event with mountain views and Christmas lights.

https://monroelife.com/event/rock-ci...-of-lights-36/

Magic of Lights Ooltewah: Drive thru Christmas lights event open multiple dates. Nearby attractions include Cambridge Square, a mixed use shopping center with many unique local businesses.

https://local.aarp.org/event/magic-o...ltewah-tn.html

https://www.cambridgesquaretn.com/

HiFi Clyde's: A nice no frills, laid back atmosphere with live music and good food.

https://www.eatonthehouse.com/events...ikR9Z2iQRyTQo/

Hamilton Place Shopping Area: Nice mall area with plenty of dining, shopping, and entertainment options. Area includes the big boxes as well as local fare.

https://www.hamiltonplace.com/direct...=shop#category

North Shore (near downtown): This area is a neat urban development across the Tennessee River with a mix of art galleries, local stores, Whole Foods etc. The Walnut Street pedestrian bridge and Market Street bridge over the Tennessee River offer nice views of downtown.

https://www.roadtripsandcoffee.com/n...e-chattanooga/

Lookout Mountain: Very neat nature area with hiking and landmarks.

https://lookoutmountainconservancy.o...kout-mountain/

Old 12-17-2022, 07:56 PM

Thank you, I will save these. I know we got plenty of time. We can book ahead etc. :-) we are planning on moving to Tenn within 5 years hopefully. Our first trip was in April we stayed in Elizabethton. We do not want to live in Smoky Mtn area but to visit. We do have plans to visit different places but next year we want to have a nice vacation.

Old 12-17-2022, 10:59 PM

6,647 posts, read 4,354,585 times
I would stay away from Gatlinburg unless you like tacky tourist shops.

Old 12-18-2022, 05:02 AM

667 posts, read 771,282 times
I hope you like winter weather outdoorsy stuff because it will probably be cold, wet and possibly snow and ice.

I would have recommended renting a cabin somewhere with nice scenery but it sounds like you want to be close to food and entertainment.

If you have never been to Tennessee then why not start with Nashville. They do have food, entertainment and the Christmas at Gaylord Opryland.

Old 12-18-2022, 07:57 AM

176 posts, read 223,465 times
Cades Cove / Townsend area.

Old 12-18-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumeby View Post
I hope you like winter weather outdoorsy stuff because it will probably be cold, wet and possibly snow and ice.

I would have recommended renting a cabin somewhere with nice scenery but it sounds like you want to be close to food and entertainment.

If you have never been to Tennessee then why not start with Nashville. They do have food, entertainment and the Christmas at Gaylord Opryland.
I don't mind. I'm from Pittsburgh Pa/West Ohio so snowy cold we are used to. My uncle has a house in Nashville. We want to be in the MTS. We did stay in Elizabethton for a week in April first time in Tenn.

Old 12-18-2022, 09:04 AM

367 posts, read 588,726 times
Ashville NC is worth a look.

Old 12-18-2022, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTFan View Post
Ashville NC is worth a look.
Ill look into that as well.

Old 12-18-2022, 12:21 PM

Keep it coming. Like I said we want all kinds of options. We most likely might do this every Christmas pick different places until we move to Tenn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee