Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 10:24 AM

24,785 posts, read 28,694,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
That is a beautiful waterfall!
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
WOW, We will have to visit this also. It looks to be just north of Dayton where we normally stay when down there.
North from Dayton on 27.. at Spring City east on 68. As your passing through Spring City on the 68 you will see a creek and a small bridge.. Shut-in-Gap Road.. follow that road. This takes you up to Stinging Fork Natural area.. this is the down stream from Piney Falls in Grand View.
At Dayton you have the Laurel Snow Pocket Natural Area.. just off of back valley road accessed from Rt.30
Use ALL Trail site if your a hiker. Select a town.. and it will show you the trails

Old 11-02-2016, 10:51 AM

Burgess Falls State Park.. At Cookeville go south on Willow Ave. From I-40 follow the signs.

View from the deck at the end of the trail about three quarters of a mile walk.

The easy trail to the falls a service road that's closed. Only state park vehicles

The hard trail to the falls rocks -roots - and a place to dangle your feet in the creek.. the rocks are very slick and slipper

The creek and a great place for a picnic.. several stone benches on your hike to the falls.. and several off trails leading you back up to the service road.

Accessing the swimming hole as I understand is a very steep trail all most a miles and then having to navigate through boulders.
More information on Burgess Falls State Park
http://tnstateparks.com/parks/about/burgess-falls

Last edited by TN Tin Man; 11-02-2016 at 11:02 AM..

Old 11-04-2016, 05:28 AM

86 posts, read 113,075 times
Seeing people swimming at the bottom of the falls really puts things in perspective. Once again great pictures and goes to show how many great places there are to hike in TN.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Seeing people swimming at the bottom of the falls really puts things in perspective. Once again great pictures and goes to show how many great places there are to hike in TN.
If your a outdoor person Tennessee is the place.. Hiking - Camping - Fishing - Hunting and whole lot more.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:46 PM

Free rock climbing lessons at the Obed River near Wartburg.. Open the link at the bottom for more details.. I am watching kids 8 years old.. amazing along with the parents..

More information > https://www.nps.gov/obed/learn/news/...h-a-ranger.htm

Old 11-09-2016, 08:01 AM

86 posts, read 113,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
If your a outdoor person Tennessee is the place.. Hiking - Camping - Fishing - Hunting and whole lot more.
I'm looking forward to being able to fish without having to drill a hole in the frozen lake for months out of the year.

Hiking, hunting and camping are an added bonus.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:13 AM

1,795 posts, read 1,895,414 times
I love Tennessee for many reasons, the people, the amazing scenery, the mild climate yet it has 4 seasons, the Smokies, Nashville and country music, Memphis BBQ, Knoxville and Neyland Stadium even thou I am a Dores fan, the friendly and welcoming people, the laid back nature of the state, Chattanooga sounds like a cool name, the food, how diverse it is getting and most people gets along regardless of race and because my family loves TN more than any other state other than Colorado.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
I love Tennessee for many reasons, the people, the amazing scenery, the mild climate yet it has 4 seasons, the Smokies, Nashville and country music, Memphis BBQ, Knoxville and Neyland Stadium even thou I am a Dores fan, the friendly and welcoming people, the laid back nature of the state, Chattanooga sounds like a cool name, the food, how diverse it is getting and most people gets along regardless of race and because my family loves TN more than any other state other than Colorado.
Every year in Chattanooga > Home - Riverbend Festival - Riverbend Festival
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee